Respected Contributor

Re: I want that...and that...and that!!!

no dillards where i am, but i do shop there online.  the only thing, i don't like linen.  i have never in my life bought or worn it.  maybe i don't know what i'm missing.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

no dillards where i am, but i do shop there online.  the only thing, i don't like linen.  i have never in my life bought or worn it.  maybe i don't know what i'm missing.

@ladyroxanne

You're missing a crumpled mass of wrinkles LOL.  Okay, it's so cool and comfortable in hot weather you might not care about wrinkles.  I love a linen/cotton blend...it's the only linen I'll buy.  Altho, once I bought a linen tunic at a boutique that I swear did not wrinkle...it was wonderful, but I've never seen it since.   It's not even all the ironing (I don't mind ironing).  I do not like wrinkles!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF

i get ya!  linen blend i understand.  and i do not mind ironing.  i do it once a year, whether i need to or not.  i use linen napkin when i have company.  my clothes, on the other hand, i don't want to look like a wrinkled mess and believe or not, very rarely am i too hot!  i know ef does beautiful linen blends, i just have not seen anything yet that grabs me.  no doubt that day will come. Woman LOL 

i love your siggy btw!!!!

Honored Contributor

My laundry basket is running over.  I am about 20 years behind.  I guess I could just give all those clothes away since I have outgrown them anyway.  All kidding aside, I had a great housekeeper when I was working who did the most beautiful ironing.  Could not cook, but boy could she iron.  I cooked lunch for her and she ironed for me.  After we had lunch, I went to work so she could get her chores done.

I love Dillard's.  What as nice place to shop with great apparel, handbags, shoes galore, home items.  I am so happy I live 15 minutes away except when the monthly bill comes in.  I love  their shoe department.  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday

your post made me smile!

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Nonametoday

your post made me smile!

If I were married to someone who would not get mad about the Dillard's statement and the ironing, I would smile.  Ha ha. It made me happy that I gave you a smile.  Man Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I like that Dillards carries Vionics. I can try them on, and no shipping charges 😊

Respected Contributor

I've tried to like Dillards over the years, and still shop there every now and then, but I have to be very careful to not buy something that is dry clean only.  A few years ago we returned an armload of shirts my husband purchased there because I didn't notice the laundry tag and ruined them in the wash.  I gave them an earful for selling dry clean only in the men's dept.  Geez.  How dumb.  I agree that their shoe dept is excellent. 

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I've tried to like Dillards over the years, and still shop there every now and then, but I have to be very careful to not buy something that is dry clean only.  A few years ago we returned an armload of shirts my husband purchased there because I didn't notice the laundry tag and ruined them in the wash.  I gave them an earful for selling dry clean only in the men's dept.  Geez.  How dumb.  I agree that their shoe dept is excellent. 

Their men's department has, for all the years I have shopped there and dressed three young boys and a husband out of that store, and had a daughter who worked there, while she was in college, studying marketing and buying for them, has never been an all dry clean only store.  You took shirts back to a store because you did not read the laundry instructions?  I am speechless.  How could you be angry and give someone an earful for your not reading the labels?  That is preposterous..  

Esteemed Contributor

When I was very young and working in downtown St. Louis, the store that was called Stix, Baer and Fuller became Dillards.

Unfortunately, I moved away that same year and never got inside the new store.  I do look at them online and they remind me very much of the old Stix.  Lovely merchandise.

I used to love going to the hosiery counter to buy my Hanes stockings one pair at a time (it was all I could afford!). 

That, of course, was when dinosaurs roamed the earth as they say Woman LOL