Esteemed Contributor

Re: I’ve ordered clothes for some crazy reason.

@Mindy D  You are absolutely NOT crazy for the shopping you are doing. We're all dealing with stress in many different ways. If the shopping is bringing you joy and/or relief, I say do it! I have shopped more in the past three months at 8 retailers, (The Q being one of them😁) than I have all year, and will continue to do so.

I am very mindful of my shopping, and am even indulging myself. I agree with what carrie ann said about whether you can afford it or not. That is a very important consideration, and If finances are not an issue, GO FOR IT, and enjoy yourself while doing it.!!! As for buying the clothing, we all regret some of our impulse buying.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I think shopping does lift our spirits.  I held off and did no "fun" shopping for myself for almost 2 months.  About 2 weeks ago, I began receiving emails from my favorite retailers advertising 30, 40 even 50% off.  Well, that was it!  I just went onto the sites to look around. lol  Just buying a few things made me feel good.  I do wonder when and where I will feel comfortable wearing my new clothes though.   

I think buying clothes and other goodies for ourselves now makes us feel like life will return to some kind of normal again.

@Tessa Mendoza Loved your post!  Things will return to normal.  Many people crave normalcy and we'll be shopping and going out to eat but with a new "awareness".

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I think shopping does lift our spirits.  I held off and did no "fun" shopping for myself for almost 2 months.  About 2 weeks ago, I began receiving emails from my favorite retailers advertising 30, 40 even 50% off.  Well, that was it!  I just went onto the sites to look around. lol  Just buying a few things made me feel good.  I do wonder when and where I will feel comfortable wearing my new clothes though.   

I think buying clothes and other goodies for ourselves now makes us feel like life will return to some kind of normal again.

@Tessa Mendoza Loved your post!  Things will return to normal.  Many people crave normalcy and we'll be shopping and going out to eat but with a new "awareness".

@Tessa Mendoza Oh, also forgot to mention, Memorial Day is the mark where items will go slightly darker.  Longer sleeves follow.  Remember, clothing comes out 2-3 months ahead of the season.

Respected Contributor

Me, too. I have placed 3 orders from JJill, one from Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, and JCrew! And... several from DSW!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D   Definitely, yes.  A new, expensive bottle of perfume always lifts my spirits.  Even though I've been "in place" for these many weeks in DC--we just began a very limited "phase 1" opening this morning--I am still using scent, dressing nicely, and trying to stay in a positive frame of mind.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

@Tessa Mendoza Yes, this happened to me too.

Valued Contributor

Perfume always lifts my spirits? If you can afford it, do it1

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D   I purchased two Eileen Fisher tee shirts for half price.  Sleeves are to the elbow which I like because you can wear casual or more dressy.  They are both organic cotton and extremely soft.

When Macy's and Nordstrom's have sales they often mark down perfumes too so keep an eye out for sales from these two stores.  Enjoy your clothes.  You deserve to treat yourself.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're fine. Hope you love your new things.

Perfumes are not that healthy or good for you.  Better off with a sugar scrub or Dead sea salt or Epsom bath soak to lift the spirits.  

Regular Contributor

I never stopped shopping.  I still have to get dressed so why would I not buy new clothing.  If you feel frumpy you are frumpy.  New clothes/make up/shoes make me happy.