Valued Contributor

Re: I've never used the word "fabrication" And others

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

On this pants thing,  I'm now thinking about calling my pant or pants....."my double legged garment"!!!!!!

I'll try to get serious here.  I think we should all learn and know proper English.  Good grammar and writing skills can help you land better jobs and contribute much to your life.  I see that.

It's just that a little phrase, especially one known for the region you live in, is kind of cute and heart warming once in a while. There seems to me to be a time and place for both.

My great-grandmother called cars "machines" and "automobiles".  Instead of telling a child to quit teasing, they would say "pestering".  If you were "begging" for something....you were "making a nuisance of yourself".  When my one grandmother thought someone absolutely didn't know what they were talking about, she would say, "They don't know, "sh_t from Shinola".  For those that don't know Shinola was shoe polish!  That's the only time I ever heard Grandma swear...when she said that.  We laugh about it till this day.

That expression was one of my late father's favorites.  He was a WWII vet.  I actually do remember Shinola.

Honored Contributor

This morning Renee used the word curvation when showing the model's backside in her tsv.

Next time I think my butt looks big in my pants, I'm just going to shrug it off and say it's my curvation. 

😊😃 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Don't let your curvation cause you consternation

Smiley Very Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness