Honored Contributor

Re: I’ve never been accused of being a ‘pearl clutcher’ but

@silkyk wrote:

Moonstone, pearls and silver....oh my! Or should I say all mine. Merry Christmas to me. I am a pearl clutching tree hugger and proud of it. Thanks for posting! I love all the items I've purchased from Sundance including a beautiful big silver hair comb...never seen another like it. They have some unique items that are pricey but so pretty. and worth it if you are treating yourself.

@silkyk 

in the midst of another Sundance drooling thread someone asked me if I thought it was worth the price for the quality. My response was the quality was good but it was more about the fact that everything is unique! You just don't find pieces elsewhere that look like Sundance! And it's not about trendy it's in the small details

Honored Contributor

It's very pretty and feminine.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo   Love those moonstones too!

Respected Contributor

I like the Sundance fashion though I have never purchased--I think it swings a little too young for me.  I do agree the jewelry is not the most economical.

Just received this lovely stretch genuine gemstone and baroque pearl bracelet from the Lisa Robertson store.

I bought the Morganite because it has many pastel colors and reminds me of Springtime.

Very reasonable at only $39.00!  I purchased several to give as gifts.  

I do miss all the Honora pearl shows.

Baroque Pearl and Gemstone Stretch Bracelet

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, how pretty...I actually have bracelets that I can put together to achieve this look somewhat...I'm now headed over to the Sundance website just to take a look around...You ladies are such enablers, especially you @Andreatoo  Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

gold rules LOL

Esteemed Contributor

The bracelet is sooooo me.  I have been called a pearl clutcher before...indirectly (long story).  

I don't own a pearl necklace but I do have a pearl bracelet.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wrong kind of pearls.  I like ocean pearls from Oysters.  South Pacific, Tahitian, Golden pearls etc.  Perfectly round.  The only shape that matters. Either natural (found by divers) to farmed pearls.

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

You know I was a bit concerned 'will my pearls meet @songbird 's high standards?'

my jeans are already wrong so what the heck....I threw caution to the wind....

<eye roll>

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@songbird 

You know I was a bit concerned 'will my pearls meet @songbird 's high standards?'

my jeans are already wrong so what the heck....I threw caution to the wind....

<eye roll>

@Andreatoo 

About 15 months ago we had a lady who is not only a gemologist but own a high-end heritage and antique jewelry shop/boutique in a boutique-type neighborhood.  I learned a lot about pearls, even my own. I learned about very, very valuable pearls, I was stunned. 

I also did not know that most first ladies in the past had worn faux pearls because "real" pearls were not affordable even for the well-heeled American women until about the 20th century and even then, they were not as pretty as the glass pearls.  Jackie O wore faux pearls. Women in the USA did not have access to good pearls untiil Cartier of about 1920 brought more affordable pearls to the USA. The lady guest speaker was wearing a strand of pistachio (what I call them) green pearls valued at several thousand dollars. I had no idea the quality of the highest end Akoya pearls.