Respected Contributor

I've made my last Graver purchase.

I had been wanting something in purple. I love Susan's open front cardigans. She recently had 1! I jumped & ordered, it has bell sleeves, which I plan to remove the "bell". It's the perfect shade of purple, just what I was searching for, paid more than I should have, BUT.... Due to her prices, this is my last purchase, unless I see something on clearance. Her prices are ridiculous! Being retired, I can no longer  justify the cost. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I've made my last Graver purchase.

@TX-starlight wrote:

I had been wanting something in purple. I love Susan's open front cardigans. She recently had 1! I jumped & ordered, it has bell sleeves, which I plan to remove the "bell". It's the perfect shade of purple, just what I was searching for, paid more than I should have, BUT.... Due to her prices, this is my last purchase, unless I see something on clearance. Her prices are ridiculous! Being retired, I can no longer  justify the cost. 

@TX-starlight  I really like SG's line and this year I was able to catch a lot of her pieces on sale during the lunchtime and primetime specials on the QVC website. The prices were reasonable and some items were more than 50% off of the regular price.  I would be on the look out as you may find some good deals.

Super Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

How do you remove a bell?

Honored Contributor

A seamstress could remove the bell but it sounds like OP is able. If you like th SG line, check for clearance items - I see them often but with mixed sizes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinzTonic The sleeves are way long with the bell. I am going to take it loose at the seam connecting the bell to the sleeve, then just hem the sleeve. I intended to do it this wkend, but I tended to be too lazy. I just received the set on Friday. I will post if it is successful. I have sewn all my life, I am fairly certain I can do it. 

@ others-I am a 2x & those are not usually found on clearance. Usually when I see something on clearance I like, it's only in S or M. I do look, & found some LK polo's last summer that I love. I wish I could find more of those (SO comfy!!). 

Respected Contributor

I ordered three tops yesterday from the Susan Graver show and I also said this has to stop.  I work, but to pay 60 dollars a top is becoming too much for me also.  I could be buying Ralph Lauren for those prices.  I have a nice collection of her clothes and love them, but now she’s gotten way too expensive to purchase anymore.  That goes for denim and company too.  Their quality sure doesn’t warrant their prices.  

Respected Contributor

Here's a legitimate suggestion I often offer: check out ebay.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only shop local now that I've retired. Paying a bit more for a sweater? No problem. I tend to spend more for my clothes now. I have a favorite boutique in a resort town nearby and I'd pay the few extra $$ in a heartbeat! Nothing like supporting your local businesses. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I like her cardigans also.....but I would have to REALLY like it to order now. I agree, prices are too high for me now that I am retired...

Respected Contributor

I have been making a lot of purchases from Macy's JM Collections.  It has the Graver look, and it is very reasonably priced (but for Macy's -- always wait for Sales and coupons, though).  For a more casual look, try Macy's Style and Co.