Honored Contributor

Re: I've got a plan but need help from the seamstresses...

@CatsyCline 

Try googling "clothing hacks" and. Shorten pants rise.

Trusted Contributor

@AndreatooAnother approach would be to find a pattern that looks like what you want and is close in size to the fit you want, buy the fabric you want and take the whole thing to a seamstress who will alter the pattern for you and make the shorts.  Once you have the altered pattern and the shorts fit as you like, you can have dozens of them made for less than what you are contemplating.  The pattern will always be available to make more.

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman 

I think I'm leaning towards that route. These are the shorts that started the whole search. Like I stated I bought these years ago but I haven't found anything like them since?! They're pretty simple just a woven cotton lightweight short but I like the looser fit

20190602_141829.jpg

Honored Contributor

How about one of those SUPER thin invisible belts from amazon?  They keep my jeans up and give no bulk so I can wear my belt over them.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I have not read ALL the comments, but no way would I play with the crotch.  I have to buy curvy jeans due to my ample booty, not wide.  In the past I have bought cargos in the boys department and really didn't have a problem with the fit of them.  The waist was at the belly button level though, which I think is higher than you wanted.  

I can think of two other options.  Remove the waistband, and lower it which would require shortening the zipper although that can be done as long as the top of the zipper is then covered by the waistband so the pull doesn't come off.  The other one would be to take the pair you love apart and use them as a pattern.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@RoughDraft 

It sounds simple to me but I'm sure there's a lot more involved. It fits fine in the waist where I want them to sit. The hips fit perfectly. But sitting low-slung where I want them I end up with extra crotch. Not a lot but probably about 2 in so I was wondering if I could raise that. I don't need anything done to the waist because I like where it sits

Would the boys have the same size waist but a shorter rise perhaps?

Boys size might have a shorter rise, but then you might have problems with sizing of hips and waist.  

A seamstress might be able to take apart the leg/crotch area.  I can't tell from the photo if the seams are french stitched or straight sewn.  If they're french stitched then it's double the work ripping thread and eliminating two inches from that area could ruin the alignment of the way the shorts hang (front and back).  It's a puzzler and an expensive one.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft 

I think my best option will be to have somebody make a pattern from the Santikis that I already own

I do appreciate yours and everyone else's input on the subject

🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@RoughDraft 

I think my best option will be to have somebody make a pattern from the Santikis that I already own

I do appreciate yours and everyone else's input on the subject

🙂

@RoughDraft Has a good idea, if too expensive, my idea is similar to @Icegoddess .  You definitely need a new zipper; tailoring the crotch willl make your pants unwearable.  How long is the front rise and how long do you want it to be?  I assume there is a waistband.  You would cut off the waistband and resize to your desired size, take the tops of the sides of the pants in to desired fit, add new zipper, reattach waistband. The waistband might be uncomfortable if bulk is added by the alteration. I’ve known people who are creative with their clothes that would just cut off the waistband, hem the top of the pants, add some belt loops and cinch with a rope style belt or maybe an invisible belt.  That might actually be more comfortable than reattaching the waistband.  I used to sew, family tradition.  Wish I had time....

Super Contributor

You can’t “raise the crotch.” It’s already been cut. The length is set by where the waistband is attached. Which also determines length of zipper. Huge alterations. Just wear those baggy. No one will even notice any difference. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo Found some cargo pants with a makeshift waistband similar to my suggestion, they are nydj from qvc

81B2A439-7B5F-4BA5-9594-4A1C46D6D7EA.jpeg