Trusted Contributor

Re: I've already bought, so please be kind :-)

I love your new jacket.  @suzyQ3

Honored Contributor

My kind of jacket ! Love it ❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@suzyQ3 Talbots has a safari shirt too. $52.00

182075535_0559.jpeg

@Greeneyedlady21, thanks.  I did see those. But I prefer button-up all the way.

I found that J. Crew carries good stuff for such a trip, too. I bought a couple short sleeve tees in  Dusty Khaki and Safari and a couple utility shirts in British Khaki and Distressed Fatigue (how I feel quite often:-)). I also bought a couple pairs of their straight leg chinos in a light tan and a green. Interestingly, no camo should be worn. It is associated with the military.

You have to travel very lightly because the flights within the country are on small cargo planes. They limit the weight and also don't allow hard-sided luggage. I will be taking to duffel bags. No fancy stuff other than maybe a couple nice tops for dinner. It's all very casual, which suit me to a tee. :-) And heresy of all heresies, I'm not taking any cosmetics. I think. :-)

Here are the tees and shirts:

women's j.crew mercantile broken-in t-shirt - women's knits

women's j.crew mercantile broken-in t-shirt - women's knits

women's boyfriend shirt in fatigue - women's button down shirts

women's boyfriend shirt in fatigue - women's button down shirts

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I love your jacket.  I have one that is similar and I wear it quite often.

My husband and I went on safari to South Africa, Zambia and Botswana about 10 years ago.  Hubby worked for a high tech company, and they used to reward their top sales performers with a lavish trip.  He was fortunate to have a great year, and so off to Africa for us.  Believe it or not, I was not initially excited about the trip.  I love to travel, but usually it’s to Europe.  For some reason, a safari didn’t appeal to me.  Boy, was I wrong.  It was, by far, the best trip either of us have ever taken.  The scenery is spectacular, the people are wonderful, and the game drives are unforgettable.  

I have to admit that the flight was a bear.  We live in the Boston area.  We flew to Washington DC, then to Johannesburg, and on to Cape Town.  It was almost 24 hours.  That part was not fun, but it was absolutely worth it.  I hope you enjoy every minute!

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3, sounds like a wonderful family trip!  Many years ago I flew from California to East Africa and it was a very long trip, especially since prior to that I had only flown once, a one hour flight between SoCal & Northern California.  Tanzania is beautiful!  I would love to return for a safari.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I love that jacket!!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

When you get closer to the departure, will you start a thread in the Travel forum so that we can follow along? Cat Happy

Image result for tiger animated gif

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@suzyQ3

When you get closer to the departure, will you start a thread in the Travel forum so that we can follow along? Cat Happy

Image result for tiger animated gif

@lolakimono, sounds like fun. It is recommended to take a travel journal. I wish I had done that with past trips, but I think and hope that this one will be the most memorable.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3: I ordered this jacket this summer when it was half off and had a $20 coupon to go with it.

i'm really looking forward to wearing it but probably won’t be until late October or November sometime. No safari tho'☹️

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@suzyQ3: I ordered this jacket this summer when it was half off and had a $20 coupon to go with it.

i'm really looking forward to wearing it but probably won’t be until late October or November sometime. No safari tho'☹️

@Sadiesadie, yes, it's a substantial cotton. I hope you enjoy it, I think it will go with quite a few different colors.