Respected Contributor

Re: I've already bought, so please be kind :-)

I give it two thumbs up!!! Very stylish but even better...you saved nearly $100.00!!!Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

It looks very nice!

Honored Contributor

Thanks! I hesitated because everyone seems to think that you should take a fleece jacket. But we're going in their (Tanzania's) high season, which for them is dry and very temperate. I checked averages, and they are similar to where I live in California. At worst, I can wear a warm top underneath.

We haven't signed the contract yet, but that's pretty much a given. My daughter and family planned the trip, and then out of the blue, my daughter said that our grandchildren wanted us to join them. We will basically be piggybacking on their itinerary.

My daughter is a pro at traveling and setting up the plans, so I trust her implicitly. The places and events all blew me away. It's a good leap out of my comfort zone, which I think will greatly benefit both my husband and me.

It will likely be one of or the last joint family trip before the kids are too old for such things. We keep that in mind when we consider the price. It is, as our daughter kept telling us, the trip of a lifetime.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

That's a great looking jacket. It's perfect for your trup, and it's a classic style that you can wear for years. 

I have a few Talbots jackets. The quality is excellent.  

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I like it.  I actually have a similar jacket.  I hope your safari is wonderful.  Years ago my cousins wanted me to go on one with them to South Africa.  I didn't feel like I could take 2 weeks off from teaching to do it but I've regretted it ever since.  I would love to go.  

Just an FYI, my cousin on the other side of the family did a mission trip to Africa and had to be hospitalized on his return to the US.  The doctors thought he had been bitten by one of those tetse flies but eventually concluded it was some other bug.  So be sure to follow whatever guidelines they give you!

@Roni18, yes, we will do that, and more. I will try very hard, though, not to dwell on the what-ifs and concentrate only on all the beauty of the terrain, the magnifcent animals, and the people.

One bummer is that from California to Tanzania is 20 hours! Oy vey. If we get the flight we want, there will be one short stop in Amerstam. But that is one long trip -- almost a whole day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Talbots has a safari shirt too. $52.00

182075535_0559.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3  -  That's a cute jacket, you did good!  I'd definately buy a jacket like that.  Hope you and your family have a fabulous time on safari.

Respected Contributor

That's a lovely jacket, @suzyQ3. Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

I have that jacket.  I like to wear it with pink.

Honored Contributor

I love it.  You have excellent taste.  If I could get away with wearing it, I'd buy it too.  Good for you!