Honored Contributor

Re: I've already bought, so please be kind :-)

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Thanks! I hesitated because everyone seems to think that you should take a fleece jacket. But we're going in their (Tanzania's) high season, which for them is dry and very temperate. I checked averages, and they are similar to where I live in California. At worst, I can wear a warm top underneath.

We haven't signed the contract yet, but that's pretty much a given. My daughter and family planned the trip, and then out of the blue, my daughter said that our grandchildren wanted us to join them. We will basically be piggybacking on their itinerary.

My daughter is a pro at traveling and setting up the plans, so I trust her implicitly. The places and events all blew me away. It's a good leap out of my comfort zone, which I think will greatly benefit both my husband and me.

It will likely be one of or the last joint family trip before the kids are too old for such things. We keep that in mind when we consider the price. It is, as our daughter kept telling us, the trip of a lifetime.

I hope you have an amazing trip. But don't be too sure about the part I bolded.  I have a friend and she and her kids always do family trips and her kids range in age right now from 15 to 24.   

Honored Contributor

With shakey hands, we signed the contract today. Signed, sealed, delivered, oh my!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3- Congratulations!  it will be an adventure you'll never forget.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3, you have great taste!  Have fun and wear in good health!

Regular Contributor

I love Talbots especially when they'd have sales. Their online site is amazing. Their clothes are the only ones that fit me correctly.

Honored Contributor

I love the color I bought a jacket with a similar color last Spring, olive green with embroidery, and it was under $20, can not wait till its cool enough to wear again

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I love your jacket (army green and olive are my new favorite neutral), and I'm super jealous of your upcoming trip! Have a great time! You will create so many wonderful memories.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

With shakey hands, we signed the contract today. Signed, sealed, delivered, oh my!

@suzyQ3

How FABULOUS!!!!  You are going to have such a great trip!

And your jacket is adorable

Trusted Contributor

I love the jacket- both stylish and practical, @suzyQ3! Great price, too. Hope it accommodates your needs on the exciting safari and beyond. 

Have a wonderful and safe trip! 🤗