Honored Contributor

I joined this forum in 2009, if I remember correctly. At that time, I was concerned about remaining anonymous. I didn't understand the boards very well. You were all strangers to me. I told you my name was Deliliah.

That's not true. 

Delilah is a nickname my husband gave me years ago, so it's a frequent username of mine. As I developed friendly relationships with many of you, I felt terrible about the untruth.  As superficial as a forum nickname is, it has bothered me ever since. I'm a very honest person and can truly say that I have never told a lie on the forum, other than that.

Please accept my apology.

Sincerely,

~karen~

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I joined this forum in 2009, if I remember correctly. At that time, I was concerned about remaining anonymous. I didn't understand the boards very well. You were all strangers to me. I told you my name was Deliliah.

That's not true. 

Delilah is a nickname my husband gave me years ago, so it's a frequent username of mine. As I developed friendly relationships with many of you, I felt terrible about the untruth.  As superficial as a forum nickname is, it has bothered me ever since. I'm a very honest person and can truly say that I have never told a lie on the forum, other than that.

Please accept my apology.

Sincerely,

~karen~

Delilah (Karen),

You don't owe anyone an apology! It's all good! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Why did I think your actual name was "Lily?"

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Alright…I’ll come clean, too…my name is not really Havarti. It is a nickname because everyone in the family humors me as the big cheese in the family. Something tells me we are not alone in this “other name” game.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Regular Contributor

Dear HouseCat,

QVC wants us to remain anonymous....their Rules & Guidelines for Posting indicate this.  

You did nothing wrong, but God will certainly bless you for your contrite heart.

Honored Contributor

If it makes you feel better, I don't ever remember you telling everyone your name was Delilah.  I always thought that was just a nic you chose.  

Honored Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

Alright…I’ll come clean, too…my name is not really Havarti. It is a nickname because everyone in the family humors me as the big cheese in the family. Something tells me we are not alone in this “other name” game.

Made me smile. Yours is my kind of family.

Esteemed Contributor

Now I feel guilty! 

So in the interest of (half) full disclosure...my real name is not MacDuff.

Have a great day, Karen!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Don't feel bad, we have had Shelties in addition to our "Colliegirls"!!

Respected Contributor

@house_cat  as Delillah  (love the name!) ,  i  always imagined you as a passionate fashionista with long wavy raven-haired beauty  a la Elizabeth Taylor.

my name is really not ashleigh dupray