Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think Tube Top Dresses do not look professional on TV

If you don't look good in a tube top, so be it. Shawn & Kerstin are both young with toned arms & shoulders. They look great imo.

Super Contributor

Well, I'm jealous that they can wear one! I sure can't and have to say that's been the case for many a fortnight! I say that if they can wear them and look good (which they both do), then wear them. I love the clothes that most of the younger hosts wear. It's refreshing. NOt the same thing over and over again.

Honored Contributor

I don't care what they wear. There must be something wrong with me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

QVC as a whole acts very unprofessional in different areas which is why I stopped watching a couple of years ago. I agree with some of the posters, unless you a wearing a strapless gown and presenting jewelry, a tube top/dress is just too casual and too beachy for professional presentations - just too much exposure. Just my opinion.
Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Ford1224 said:

I've got the same 'issue', LOL.

Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Feline Fine said:

Super Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Feline Fine said:

You never heard that appearances matter?
Occasional Contributor

I could not really pay attention to the dress during the Dooney presentation because Shawn was trying so badly to HIDE her ""belly"" while sitting on that stool... It was really amusing to watch her place all the bags in front of the tummy area pretending to be casual.
Respected Contributor

I'm still trying to understand the post! Too many are written poorly and I have to read them several times.

YES, of course tube tops are inappropriate, but so are many things on QVC with clothing being just one of them. The hosts should have a dress code, but they are also adults and should know better. They are going to work, not the boardwalk. Courtney and Kersten have a tendency to wear clothing far too short and other hosts wear items too tight. I don't really thin that QVC cares. Their interest is purely financial. Any business that condones half of the things that come out of Lisa R's mouth, clearly just cares about sales and not professionalism & character.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the o/p.

Tube tops are great for some occasions, but they are not professional.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero