Honored Contributor

Re: I think I need a steamer...

I use the My Little Steamer Mini from BB&B. Best $20 minus 20% I ever spent. I even gave one to our college age son for his clothing.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

One of the main things with a steamer is a place to hang the item while you steam it. In my small laundry room, good luck. I have a professional size and found that holding up my Rowenta iron and steaming with a press cloth was all I needed after I changed out of season clothing to very wide plastic contaiand place the next item in. No moths-ever! I lay about five hanging pieces folded in half down, then the next five. Works!

Respected Contributor

Here's the My Little Steamer at HSN:

http://www.hsn.com/products/joy-mangano-900w-my-little-steamer-and-designer-bag/7440325?variant=744...

I do my steaming in the bathroom. There's an electric outlet, a faucet for filling up the steamer, and a counter to sit the steamer on.

I hang up what I want to steam on a hanger on the shower rod (it needs to be a hanger with a twistable top, so I can turn the item so it's facing me). Then steam away.

Esteemed Contributor

Another My Little Steamer owner here. A good steamer is invaluable. I use mine for many things... not just my clothing. This list is by no means complete, but includes some of the things I regularly use the steamer to do. In no particular order:

1) getting fold creases out of scarves; 2) ditto for pants hung folded over a hanger; 3) giving crisp shirts a professional finish after ironing by smoothing out the creases the iron leaves behind; 4) freshening the shams, quilt, and dust ruffle on my bed between cleanings; 5) smoothing and freshening up my dolls and stuffed animals; 6) smoothing wrinkles on coats (especially around the elbows and backside; between drycleanings. There's more, but you get the idea.

I have the bigger and the smaller My Little Steamers. The smaller one is perfect for taking along on trips. It's a lot more effective for removing wrinkles than hanging clothes in the shower stall, and extends the wear of a few clothes without having to pay for expensive hotel laundry service while out of town.