Trusted Contributor
If you have one,what do you use it on? Which one do you have/ like? All replies appreciated. Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Re: I think I need a steamer...

I purchased a Jiffy. They have a website. One of my best purchases. When my son moved out, I purchased one for him also. Your clothes always look good and saves money on cleaning. Highly, highly recommend!

Respected Contributor

I have My Little Steamer from HSN. Love it!

I think it works very well on most clothing. It's great for tops that have embellishment. Also velvet, velveteen, corduroy - anything with a "nap." It's good for things too bulky to iron. For knits, it works great. It's also great for delicate materials and blends. I don't think there's any material you can't steam.

They're great for travel, and for weddings (all those fancy materials), graduation gowns, band uniforms, etc.

You also can steam things like draperies (while they're hanging).

I will mention one exception IMO. I get better results with an iron on things that are 100% cotton (like khaki pants or a 100% cotton shirt) and 100% linen. The steamer can be used on those, but I get a crisper look with the iron.

Now that I'm used to having and using a steamer, I wouldn't be without one.

Valued Contributor

I have the Little Steamer from JM. And I do use it quite often. However, it is far from being heavy-duty and it takes a good long time (at least for me) to really unwrinkle certain items. I find it works best on thinner weight items like tees and certain blouses. My DH does not mind ironing but I really hate it so the steamer works for me. In fact, I had never had one until I purchased this little one. I may even considering a larger, more "serious" one at some point.Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Years ago I bought the Rowenta steamer but now I find myself using the My Little Steamer all the time since it's so convenient.

Respected Contributor

On 10/16/2014 piperbay said:

Years ago I bought the Rowenta steamer but now I find myself using the My Little Steamer all the time since it's so convenient.

This is a very good point! The Little Steamer takes about 2 minutes to set up and get hot. And it's easy to store.

Plus, it's inexpensive. Mine cost $20 on sale (I think it's regularly $30).

The big standing steamers are expensive, take up a lot of room (for storage), and can be a hassle to set up.

Trusted Contributor

Ditto for Joy Mangano's steamers -- I have the big one and the small one -- they work great. The big one was the best thing for my hanging draperies.

Trusted Contributor

Ok. I'm convinced. I need to steamjackets/ coats that were in storage for summer. No fur,just wool,nylon shell. Where do I buy the Little Steamer guy? Thanks.
Respected Contributor

My Little Steamer. I use both the mini/travel and the regular full size and would never be without this product. I use it on all of my clothes.

Purchase it at HSN, but I think Bed Bath and Beyond may also have it. You could check there.

Honored Contributor

I agree with what peachesncream said about the steamer, mine is from HSN as well.

I do think that ironing is quicker...but works great for things with a nap, and items with stones, etc. I even used mine to help remove wallpaper. If I had to choose between the two I'd pick the iron.