Honored Contributor

I think I'm set for fall and winter clothes

Now that I've switched seasons and organized everything - and donated 9 (medium size) bags of clothes ... I don't think I need to buy anything else.

What I am going to do, though ... make some accessories - hats, scarves and gloves to go with all my coats and jackets.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I think I'm set for fall and winter clothes

@ALRATIBA 

That's a perfect and fun idea.  Plus it's an inexpensive way to accessorize any wardrobe.  

Valued Contributor

Spoiler

@ALRATIBA ,  oh I wish I had your self control.  I go through my closets and swear I won't buy another thing but I just love fashion so much that my resolve goes out the window by the end of the day (my husband tells me our house is going to cave in....oh well).

Trusted Contributor

I don't need anything for fall/winter, but I am sure I will buy some items when I see something special that I like.  I got a pair of dark denim Levi Signature Slim jeans today at Walmart on clearance for $5.00!  They fit really well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm never done with fall and winter! Is my favorite time of year for clothing!

And the worst part is that I live in Miami! Lol

@ALRATIBA 

I saw a beautiful piece Saturday morning on shop HQ that I think you might be inspired by. They were calling it a shawl cardigan or was it a cardigan shawl? But basically it was a rectangular open knit with a couple of buttons (short end) and the versatility of the piece was endless Rene did something similar a year or 2 ago but in a denser knit...

ED48F1F4-0F6E-47E1-B15A-DAF590E43398.png

Be sure to check out the video. I love something you can wear in a multitude of ways

Respected Contributor

I am so behind in organizing my closet.  i know I must make a serious purge of old clothes that I wore to work, but it is hard for me to do for some reason.  I have a bunch of silk blouses that I don't want to donate.   Other than those, I think I can eliminate a lot of old items that are no longer useful.  Made a small start yesterday.....

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo 

Great taste!

At the moment, I’m making that the same idea but is worn differently. Rather than buttons there is a partial seam and worn sideways. Mine is a lacy ripple stitch and done in a melange yarn

Honored Contributor

@Jk9

Before I retired I always switched by Memorial Day and Labor Day. I tend to be OCD about it even though I’ve been retired almost 11 years!
Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Now that I've switched seasons and organized everything - and donated 9 (medium size) bags of clothes ... I don't think I need to buy anything else.

What I am going to do, though ... make some accessories - hats, scarves and gloves to go with all my coats and jackets.

Great idea, @ALRATIBA !

I think what I'm going to do is use my jewelry more!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA 

Congratulations on your closet organization and clean out! 

I don't really need anything else for fall and winter either, but if I see something I love, I will buy it. 

Enjoy creating your accessories!