Super Contributor

Re: I think I could be an eskimo...I love the cold.

The older I get, the warmer I am, so I don't mind the cold as much as I used to, but when it goes down below 30 degrees, I don't like it. I can't stand the snow anymore, too much work and mess shoveling, cleaning cars off, the roads and parking lots, and worrying about my kids driving around. I am so ready to move south. 53 years of this cr#p is enough for me, LOL!!

Trusted Contributor

I am hypothyroid, so suppose to always be cold, but it didn't work that way during menopause!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I love cold, but only with snow! (Sorry New England {#emotions_dlg.blushing} ) Love , love, love anything snowman. * Guess what dh always has put on my birthday and anniversary cakes? {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Love the song, "Let It Snow," love snow globes. I guess I am just one big happy flake. lol !!!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hate the heat , unless I am on the beachWink. Hate what comes with the heat - snakes,{#emotions_dlg.scared} mosquitos, bugs, stepping outside after a shower -only seconds later to be drenched in perspiration, tornado season, ugh!

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

I wish I could share your love of winter, but I am HOT weather girl. I love the heat and summer time.

Enjoy, you have lots to love this year.

Honored Contributor

I love the cold too.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for replying all you fellow eskimos! Best word you describe winter to me is 'quiet'. I think it describes that snowy day that I love.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/30/2015 LoriMI said:

Thank you for replying all you fellow eskimos! Best word you describe winter to me is 'quiet'. I think it describes that snowy day that I love.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

I love cold weather too. Fall is my favorite season of all.I live in Texas and the summers are brutal here.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the cold too but I am stuck in Florida now after living in Ohio for 47 years. When it gets cool here (never "cold" as the locals call it) I rejoice and open the windows. We never turn on the heat, no matter how low it gets -- even into the 30's at night once in awhile. The hot and humid summers are kind of a drag, making me feel tired and lazy. I actually think that may be a reason that southerns have the reputation of being slow and/or lazy -- it has to do with the weather more than anything else. Just my opinion.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Newnick ame said: I remember having much more tolerance for winter weather than I do now. Blessings to all you Snow Bunnies!

I live in Jersey and I feel the same way - I use to like winter more than I do now. I don't really mind cold weather because I feel invigorated by it (heat and humidity give me a headache) but I swear if I see another snowflake I might have to jump off a cliff! I just cannot stand the snow and bone-chilling wind. I especially cannot tolerate driving in snow, shoveling, and messiness everywhere. I would like it to be 25 to 30 degrees and no snow or wind and I'm happy. Oh well....Mother Nature has different plans!!

Ideally I love late August/ September.....heavenly for me!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Respected Contributor

Love the cold weather. Love wind. Love snow. Spent five years in Connecticut. Never got enough snow or enough of the winter. Here in Louisiana, winter is virtually nonexistent. I hate the weather here. The heat is overwhelming. I like to keep the house at about 60 degrees. DH likes it more like 80. We usually compromise on 70 and then I sneak it back down when I can.