Respected Contributor

Re: I think I am done with QVC Clothing

Almost all of my clothing is from QVC, and most of the time, I am quite satisfied. 

Esteemed Contributor

I buy my pants in Costco and my tops in Walmart.  Works for me.  Okay I will fess up I do buy from Zulily and Blair.  

Respected Contributor

I just boxed up about 12 items.

I am 99% a Q medium. But anymore the sizing is unreliable.

I usually order brands that I know will fit and stay away from the newer brands. But this time I had a SG top that the sleeves fell to my knuckles. A Logo M jacket size was way way off. A friend told me that for Vionic sizing seemed different for Q vs Stores.

I'm an online shopper. I am having better success with Nordstrom due to free both ways shipping and fast deliver. I'm having to get to know their house brands but the prices are not that different from Q and many sale prices of current season items.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I order b size a Large should be the same measurements across the board

@Kachina624 wrote:

@I am still oxox. Maybe you should try reading the actual garment measurements before ordering.  The length, for instance, is always listed.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Measurements vary by garment.  All larges are not the same.  What usually remains the same is the number sizes corresponding to "word" size category.

You've said you are petite in stature. Unless it is a petite garment, most QVC items will not be a proper fit on you. Often times QVC petite pants have the same rise as the regulars.  The only difference is the length.  They should really be categorized as short, not petite.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@I am still oxox. Maybe you should try reading the actual garment measurements before ordering.  The length, for instance, is always listed.

No size, regardless of where you shop, is going to be the same across the board from line to line, store to store, garment to garment. Some larges are made to be a close to the body fit, some are meant to be roomier.  

Very recently a host on another shopping channel said she was out shopping in a boutique and she tried on a size 10 pair of pants and couldn't get them past her knees. She normally wears a size 8 in B&M clothing. 

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 ...I agree with your statement that measurements vary by garment, but the hosts often times say order your normal QVC size...which is impossible....sizing is all over the board.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@lulu1 ...I agree with your statement that measurements vary by garment, but the hosts often times say order your normal QVC size...which is impossible....sizing is all over the board.

@Mom2Dogs   ...and they need to quit saying that a garment is not too long for petites when it is. More than misleading.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Image result for pants pulled up over boobs

@faeriemoon : Lol. This reminds me of the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Amy wears Robert’s pants, and nothing else. Woman LOL

FB3C0D8F-284E-4A0B-94E1-1D96897909AE.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2   I love that episode!!  And yes, it does!