Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I think I am done using Easy pay!

It can really get out of hand. 

They're really pushing the easy pays with the Q card now.  I'm sure people are going to regret that if they use it for every purchase.

I limit myself to 3 easy pays at any one time.  I don't mind it every once in a while, but it gets annoying to me. 

Honored Contributor

I can take it or leave.  I rarely use Easy Pay, I only use for big ticket items like laptops.  I wouldn't think of using it for a shirt or a pair of boots.  What's the point?  You still have to pay for your items and if you put them on your credit card; you can pay them off whenever you want.  My feeling is that if you can't afford to pay for something in full, today.  You can't afford it....move on.   I know why all the shopping channels push it, they want to lure people into buying more than they can afford.  Especially with holiday shopping. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the fact that I have to go the long way and not speed buy when i order.If you are not careful you can add up a pretty big bill that takes months to pay off. I would rather they didn't automaticly use the easy pay on a Q cd .It should be used as an option and we should have to use the long way if we want to use it..Too much of a good thing turns bad rather quickly.

Honored Contributor

I handle estates at work and I cannot tell you the number of people who pass away and have outstanding easypayments or flexpayments due to QVC and/or HSN. 

Honored Contributor

I generally don't use easy pay unless the item is over $100.  I also like to only have one going at a time.  I use it a couple times a year.

Valued Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I don't like the fact that I have to go the long way and not speed buy when i order.If you are not careful you can add up a pretty big bill that takes months to pay off. I would rather they didn't automaticly use the easy pay on a Q cd .It should be used as an option and we should have to use the long way if we want to use it..Too much of a good thing turns bad rather quickly.

My thoughts exactly!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."