Respected Contributor

I think I am done using Easy pay!

I finally got the point that I have all my easy pays paid off and now think its better for me to either not buy or if I really want it to just pay for it all at once.

Anyone else get to this point that easy pay is truely evil pay?

Honored Contributor

Re: I think I am done using Easy pay!

I can certainly understand where you're coming from, which is why I never use easy pay.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it for some things. For instance, if I'm buying something I'm not sure I'm going to like and it's a good amount of money, I prefer to use easy pay.  That way I'm not out the entire amount of money to try the product.  I can pay a small amount and if I decide the item is for me and I'm going to keep it, I can go into my account and pay off the rest at once.   I don't need to continue out the easy pay.  If I dislike the item and it's going back, I'm only waiting for a small amount to be refunded to me, not the entire chunk.   

I do think one needs to be careful with easy pays.  You could end up with quite a chunk due every month. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I like it for some things. For instance, if I'm buying something I'm not sure I'm going to like and it's a good amount of money, I prefer to use easy pay.  That way I'm not out the entire amount of money to try the product.  I can pay a small amount and if I decide the item is for me and I'm going to keep it, I can go into my account and pay off the rest at once.   I don't need to continue out the easy pay.  If I dislike the item and it's going back, I'm only waiting for a small amount to be refunded to me, not the entire chunk.   

I do think one needs to be careful with easy pays.  You could end up with quite a chunk due every month. 

Thats a great way to use easy pay! 

I found myself with a bunch of payments and it got the better of me and started to just stress me out.  And I think it made me over buy sometimes too.  I am going to really keep a close eye on how I purchase for no on. 

Contributor

I agree, I too am done with easy pay, I have several going at one time now & realize it can add up fast.  So when these are done thats it for me, no more!  They lure you in.

Honored Contributor

Of course it is! It can be used wisely. but it's all too easy to get overwhelmed by it and end up spending way more than you thought. That's why they do it. 

Congratulations on paying all your things!

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Thats a great way to use easy pay! 

I found myself with a bunch of payments and it got the better of me and started to just stress me out.  And I think it made me over buy sometimes too.  I am going to really keep a close eye on how I purchase for no on. 

I know what you mean.  It's no fun when you are at month 4+ still paying for things and you can't even remember what they are anymore or it's clothing that's now out of season. 

What I don't understand is food being on easy pay.  You buy a cake, eat it and 3 months later you are still paying for it.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

As with any kind of spending, the most important aspect in my opinion is that the spender know who s/he is in terms of saving and spending because the more we know about our own financial profile, the better we use our money.

There's nothing wrong with EZPay for some of us while for others it's a path into agony.  The trick is knowing which it is for you.

Trusted Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I finally got the point that I have all my easy pays paid off and now think its better for me to either not buy or if I really want it to just pay for it all at once.

Anyone else get to this point that easy pay is truely evil pay?

Yep...  I was terrible with over using easy pay.  I paid things off about a year ago and have only used easy pay on a few of items all of which were paid off in advance. 

Sometimes I would like the item split in 2 monthly payments instead of the 3, 4, 5, or 6. So I order on easy pay, and I manipulate the payments so I have 2 monthly payments.

But I rarely even do that anymore. 

If figure there is nothing I need from the shopping channels, so if I don't have the budget to start, it can wait until I pay for it in full.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am done with easy pay too.  I was tired of getting to the end of the payments, trying to remember what it was a I bought months ago.  I did notice that when I place an order using the app on my phone, it automatically gives me the easy pay if it is offered.  If I am not willing to pay for it in full at once, then I don't really need it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead