Valued Contributor

Re: I started the annual "turning of the hangers"

me too

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

H'mmm, I think I will do that this afternoon. It's a rainy day, so, a good day to try something I haven't done before. I think, at the end of the season, I will find quite a few un-turned hangers, lol, which will be good to know. I never put clothing I have worn more than an hour or so, back in the closet before washing them. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

here in s.w. florida .. we only have 2 seasons .. Hot and Hotter ......

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

here in s.w. florida .. we only have 2 seasons .. Hot and Hotter ......

@Big Joanie, does that include HUMID too? If so, I don't know how you stand it.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry but having to turn the hangers and then HAVING them turned different ways would simply make me crazy!  Woman Surprised  I just couldn't do it. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I'm sorry but having to turn the hangers and then HAVING them turned different ways would simply make me crazy!  Woman Surprised  I just couldn't do it. 

@Sooner- I thought it would drive me bonkers last year as I like everything in good order, but surprisingly, very surprisingly, it didn’t. We’ll see how I do this year. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I am far too OCD to ever have a hanger hanging backwards in my closet. I  can't even stand to see that in a clothing store and yes, I take the time to remedy that wayward hanger.

Unlike many posters, I don't have a problem parting ways with clothing I no longer like, no longer fits or simply is in need of updating. In fact, it makes me a bit anxious to house those items and I feel the need get them out of my home STAT. 

Consequently I keep a (by others' standards) small-ish wardrobe that fits me well, is in excellent condition and current and up to date. 

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Finally we're wearing summer clothes in my area.

I have 4,152,691 tops.

So, to re-start something I started last year, I started turning the hangers yesterday.  When I put the top I wore yesterday back in the closet last night, I turned the coat hanger around.  I'll continue to do that till they're all turned around and then I'll start again.

I thought that having hangers in two directions would mess with my sense of order, but I had no problems with that last year.  And it keeps me from reaching for the same few items over and over.  

I only do this with my summer clothes.  I have a lot fewer winter items and don't need to do it.

Anyone else do this?

A logistics question: I rarely put a worn top back in the closet. I wash it. So then would you always remember to reverse the hanger when putting it back in the closet?

Pants I can do this with as I usually wear those more than once before washing.

I guess it would be easy once I got used to the system. Thinking of trying this.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I got more Denim & Co. jackets then Gary Goben has. LOL Around 50

no lie. Had to bring in another portable rack just for the jackets.

Honored Contributor

@PodyPo wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Finally we're wearing summer clothes in my area.

I have 4,152,691 tops.

So, to re-start something I started last year, I started turning the hangers yesterday.  When I put the top I wore yesterday back in the closet last night, I turned the coat hanger around.  I'll continue to do that till they're all turned around and then I'll start again.

I thought that having hangers in two directions would mess with my sense of order, but I had no problems with that last year.  And it keeps me from reaching for the same few items over and over.  

I only do this with my summer clothes.  I have a lot fewer winter items and don't need to do it.

Anyone else do this?

A logistics question: I rarely put a worn top back in the closet. I wash it. So then would you always remember to reverse the hanger when putting it back in the closet?

Pants I can do this with as I usually wear those more than once before washing.

I guess it would be easy once I got used to the system. Thinking of trying this.

@PodyPo- my tops are all arranged by color in my closet.  I only have one empty hanger in my closet at a time.  So, whether I wash a top and then put it back in the closet or wear it, take it off and then put it back in the closet, I know right where it goes.  I don't have other empty hangers in there.  All arranged by color.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?