Trusted Contributor

Re: I should have known....tried the Pantone color Living Coral and, uh, no

I have auburn hair and blue eyes and I'm a Spring. I'm worn the pantone color living coral for years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellodali wrote:

@Squirrel Lover

Many years ago there was a book called "Color Me Beautiful".  It still is in publication.  There were parties around that book and each person found out what season they were.  I found out I was an Autumn/Fall.  There were colors that applied to each season and mine fits to a tee! 

Occasionally I do purchase something in another color not on my chart and I can tell right away it is not for me.  As soon as I put something gray on, it does something to my skin tone and I do not look good.  I also do not look good in white, but I look good in off-white.  A lot of people do not look good in olive, but that is definitely my color!

I don't know if you ever heard of that theory or book, but it is very informative and you might want to give it a try.

@hellodaliHello My Dear.Smiley Happy  I know the theory behind the book.  I taught Interior Design and come from a family strong in art.  If you look at the veins on the inside of an untanned wrist, if they have a yellow cast, they are on the yellow part of the color wheel.  Blue veins are the blue side.

What most people don't realize is that, if you buy hosehold furnishings out of your color palatte, you will want to change them within a year.  Many ladies will buy an outfit out of their color area on a whim because a new season has started.  They won't hardly wear it after the first time.  It won't feel good on them.  

Pantone's color is in the family of orange which few people can wear.

I am a light winter with dark hazel eyes. I was one of those children whom always hated colors outside of their palette.  I refused to wear an orange dress.  I hated it. 

I was extremely hard to type.  I color typed all of my Interior Design students.  They could see the change the drapes brought on my face in the back of the room.

Now I sell fashion and make ladies feel great with a background in clothing construction as well as tailoring.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I can't stand to watch her.  Her behavior is crude and I change the channel.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@ECBG  It is interesting you bring decorating into the color story.  When I do look around my living space I do see "my" colors reflected in paint, furniture, etc.  I have had colors that aren't me and they don't make me happy.

It sounds like you have a wonderful career and take pride in sharing your knowledge  Take care.

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@ECBG  It is interesting you bring decorating into the color story.  When I do look around my living space I do see "my" colors reflected in paint, furniture, etc.  I have had colors that aren't me and they don't make me happy.

It sounds like you have a wonderful career and take pride in sharing your knowledge  Take care.

@hellodaliIt could be that you picked the  wrong color out of the set in the  paint chips or you might dislike the item itself.  You might take your couch and have it recovered in a print with your favorite colors then redo items in the room as you can.  If you hate your furniture, buy new or go to a Hospice home store.  They often get wonderful items.