Honored Contributor

I shopped at an outlet mall in Ohio last night

From my living room couch in Miami!

My husband is a truck driver and when he stopped for the day he was down the street from an outlet mall outside of Columbus.

He called me on Hangouts (like Skype) and flipped to the back facing camera and we strolled the stores! lol

I saw a sweater I liked in the window of Ann Taylor so we went inside. He asked about the sweater 'for my wife. She's right here.'

He walked the store showing me different racks and display tables when I spotted a pair of gray jeans and asked him to hold them up. 'show me the rise' 'huh?' 'unfold them and let me see how long the zipper is!' He did/they were perfect!

He bought me the sweater and the pants and we left.

'Michael Korrs?' 'Kate Spade?' ....We walk in to Nike, cuz he wants shoes, and I got to see athletic shoes...lots of them! Meanwhile I'm one of those people who can't read in a moving car....so suffice it to say by this point I'm getting a little nauseous from the movement! lol He didn't want to hang up but I told I might puke so we did Woman Wink

He called me when he got back to the truck to show me his new boots.

BTW this whole shopping thing is atypical! lol

But it was a blast! Can't wait to get my stuff when he's home in 2 weeks!

But even more I can't wait to see HIM!

Regular Contributor

Re: I shopped at an outlet mall in Ohio last night

That is the cutest shopping story I've ever heard!!  He's a keeper Andreatoo Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo, sounds like a great evening!  Let us know how your "shopping spree" went!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  A gold 🌟 for your husband for his patience.  What a fun thing to do!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

lol! what an awesome shopping story! my husband shops for me too, but i'm not sure he'd do what your husband did. that was a blast! let us know how you liked the clothes when you get them ok?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I just love that...what a guy you married.My dh hates to shop and really makes short work of any trip to the mall.We are usually out of any mall in half an hour tops.I can hardly wait for you to post pics of your new stuff and hope that you love everything.I was just wondering what you will do if something doesn't fit well though.

Honored Contributor

@dex

First let me say that mine is USUALLY just like yours when it comes to shopping!

As for any problems I asked if I could exchange locally and she said 'yes'.

Assuming there's a problem we will back at an outlet mall but I'm sure he'll be in regular mode then! lol

Honored Contributor

He's a keeper!  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  That man must be missing you a lot then if it turned him into a shopper.I think I will have to tell my friends about your guy....for sure they will be envious.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  That really is a fun and sweet story!  Smiley Happy

It looks like it's one of the Tanger Outlet Malls and is in Sunbury Ohio.

I'm in the midwest and heard about that one opening not all that long ago, so it's fairly new.  I have not been to it.  I do know there is a Vera Bradley outlet store there, because a friend of mine went to it, and also a Talbots Outlet Store (I heard from that same friend).  

GENERAL DIRECTIONS:

Just off I-71 at Exit 131 (US 36/ SR 37), on South Wilson Road.

From COLUMBUS:

Take I-71 North to Exit 131. Turn right onto US 36/ SR 37. Turn right onto South Wilson Road. Turn right into Tanger Outlet Center.

From CLEVELAND:

Take I-71 South to Exit 131. Turn left onto US 36/ SR 37. Turn right onto South Wilson Road. Turn right into Tanger Outlet Center.