Honored Contributor

Re: I see wide leg pants are now creeping back in style

@EatWell wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@EatWell  I think there is room for differing opinions without resorting to insults.. Carol Lombard was a great beauty and  very fashionable. She is a classic  in Hollywood

We have all age brackets here,  and no matter what size ,or age you are, your money spends just as well as other peoples

@cherry

To  each their own.   I for one wouldn’t be caught dead in wide legged pants.  I think they look so old fashioned.  I like the slim and trim look.   JMO.

Re: Carol Lombard   I never heard of her.   How old is she?  And is she still alive or passed on?

Enjoy your day.

TROLL - just here to try to start a fight.

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Good! Maybe the thousands of women who have no business wearing leggings will make the switch.

And you have no business telling women what to wear. 

Honored Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

Can the 4" and more platform shoes be far behind? Lived through that once before without buying, I can do it again. The orthopedic doctor's got rich during that with all the twisted ankles. Surgery boots became a fashion statement.

They've been popular for awhile I now. I've got some from 4-6 inches. I'm skipping the wide leg pants though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I haven't tried on wide leg pants in a few decades.  'Still', I just might wear them for dressier events. They would be care-free and comfortable to wear.  No need to worry about 'this and that', etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell, let's hope you were joking - if not, your comments were nothing but snarky. Every generation has a few women who make a fashion statement and are remembered for doing so. Nothing wrong with that.

Respected Contributor

Depending on the occasion and venue, I love wider legged pants.  With a fitted top or shorter jacket, I think they are rather chic.

Honored Contributor

I like skinny, wide leg, and Kathrine Hepburn trousers as long as none contain the dreaded polyester. 

Honored Contributor

Doesn't anyone find it limiting or frustrating that things have to be "in style" or "out of style"?  Why can't we just buy and wear what we want, what we feel like, without trying to fit the fashion industry's preferences?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I really dislike wide legged pants!  I don't even like them for nightwear. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@september wrote:

@OfCourse

@SeaMaiden 

@cherry

@Trix

@Harpa

@september

I totally agree with all of you.  Smiley Happy

I, to, dislike wide legged pants.  They make me look shorter and heavier than I am.

IMO, wide legged pants make a woman who is short look shorter because the wide leg abruptly interrupts the natural leg line.  And, the same reason on a plus size woman who will look even bigger and heavier.

If a woman can wear skinny legged pants, slim fit jeans, or leggings it will give the illusion that they appear slimmer and have longer legs. Especially in black or a dark Denim or dark solid color.  Why do you think women wear spike heels or nude colored shoes?  That’s to make their legs look longer.  Who doesn’t want longer legs?  Maybe spike heels are bad for the feet, but women wear them to be fashionable, attractive, and sexy looking.  I do.

So, enjoy whatever you decide to wear.  Like I said, “to each their own.

But, for me, there will be no wide legged pants in my closet.  Smiley Happy