Respected Contributor

Re: I see non-stretch fabric trying to make their way into my closet!

with the high temps & humidity lately I am going thru my closet for no lycra, elastaine, SPANDEX items. I love blousey tops , loose flowy shorts made of mostly cotton. I love cotton krinkle cloth & gauze. Without the horrendous humidity I am fine with a bit of stretch. Also-- french terry is not to me cooling in humidity--vendors and hosts can say it over & over --but huh-uh.

Honored Contributor

@plmokn 

And .... there is one QVC designer (who admits that he/she copies) is the champion of copiers ... and generally poor copies.  

------------------------------------------------

@plmokn wrote:

There are more and more garments that are sneaking their way in the so-called fashion lineup.  And you know what happens...when one silly designer starts something then all of them want to follow cuz they don't a have good idea on their own.  I hope I wrong...I bet I'm not.  Booooo!

Respected Contributor

Maybe some designers finally realized that just because something is soft, it doesn't make it the best fabric to use for (especially) pants.  The softer, stretchier fabrics do feel good on your body but they have a way of hugging everything and emphasizing lumps, bumps, etc.

New Contributor

I am with you.  All of that stretch makes everything too hot--when I lived in the northeast with that awful humidity and now in the desert where you are lucky it goes below 105 degrees from June to October.   I don't see why they can't have more pure cotton.  It looks better, it washes well, and it's cool and comfortable.  I buy those clothes elsewhere.

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

I like some stretch or give to my clothing....I avoid 100% cotton as it shrinks and wrinkles terribly.  I DO NOT IRON LOL!  IF I did iron anything it would have more wrinkles in it LOL!

I have tried some woven pull over tops from the Belle line and while the print was very pretty getting in them and OUT was just terrible.  I just don't have that shoulder dexterity anymore and I don't want to rip the shirt off in frustration LOL!  Woman Mad

So I will be looking for some stretch in everything I buy...glad they offer different fabric choices for us all and we can get what suits us bestWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I've always liked structure so I've been partial to woven fabrics but there's nothing wrong with a little Lycra  in your wovens sometimes. Probably the best thing to happen to a crisp button down shirt! When you have an hourglass figure it's near impossible, or it once was, to get a good fit over the breasts without the waist being too big