Super Contributor

I see non-stretch fabric trying to make their way into my closet!

There are more and more garments that are sneaking their way in the so-called fashion lineup.  And you know what happens...when one silly designer starts something then all of them want to follow cuz they don't a have good idea on their own.  I hope I wrong...I bet I'm not.  Booooo!

Honored Contributor

Re: I see non-stretch fabric trying to make their way into my closet!

Good, I am not a fan of all the stretch in clothes.

Honored Contributor

"designer starts something then all of them want to follow cuz they don't a have good idea on their own."

Isn't that the truth! 

I'm not familiar with the non-stretch fabrics, yet.  How will hosts and models get into clothing 1-2 sizes too small?

Esteemed Contributor

There are a few items I prefer to have little to no spandex----tee shirts, denim jeans and button up cotton dress shirts. I really prefer dress shirts to have that box pleat in the back...no dang worries about bra induced back fat. Even though I recently retired, I still like to wear a dress shirt with jeans and a jacket during fall/winter.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I stopped buying knit pants - only woven fabrics now. And adding more woven fabric tops.
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

"designer starts something then all of them want to follow cuz they don't a have good idea on their own."

Isn't that the truth! 

I'm not familiar with the non-stretch fabrics, yet.  How will hosts and models get into clothing 1-2 sizes too small?

LOL

Respected Contributor

@plmokn   I am sure fabric with some stretch is here to stay but I'm happy if some non stretch/spandex is getting more use.

Like @kate2357 I also like some types of apparel to not have stretch--the items she mentions are among them.  And as @ALRATIBA mentions I prefer non-knit slacks.

A little spandex in  jeans can be good but if they eliminated it I could still find jeans to wear that would fit.  I am old enough to remember the 100% cotton jeans.

Glad we have so much variety in fashion that I can usually find something that will work.  Being able to search specific garments and labels online,  plus thrifting online on Ebay and Etsy for vintage clothes is another option I use frequently when I want a certain style or silhouette not currently offered.

The quality in fabric, sewing, finishing, and  detail in many of these items is far better than what I find today in a lot of "off  the rack" women's clothing.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Isn't that the truth! 

@Foxxee ....a lot of split seams! LOL

Honored Contributor

Q didn't get the memo that "sheltering in place" is mostly over and folks are going out. Loungewear is not as necessary. We're all not sitting around in pjs and joggers. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 They still make 100% cotton jeans.  They are called ridged jeans.  Zero stretch in them.  Once you pull them up, they'll be very tight.  Then they stretch out (it is cotton) and will conform to your body.  Hard part was pulling them up.