Honored Contributor

I ordered the D&Co beach pants in average and petite.  I'll see which length works best and return the other pair.  I never do that, if I'm not sure about something I usually just let it go but I want a perfect fit and I don't want to pay $15 to have them hemmed.  

Trusted Contributor

I am not a petite but I have ordered dresses and pants in petite because I want them shorter.  I think beach pants are more comfy if they are a little shorter.  Which color did you get?  I liked those pants.  I have too many pairs already.  So I passed.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I ordered the D&Co beach pants in average and petite.  I'll see which length works best and return the other pair.  I never do that, if I'm not sure about something I usually just let it go but I want a perfect fit and I don't want to pay $15 to have them hemmed.  

I've done that a few times also.  Leah had on the talls and she kept stepping on the hem and yanking them up.  Beach pants have to have an exact length for me.  I feel they look sloppy if they are the least bit too long.

I do sew so I could hem myself.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

why not

in a store you take in all the pants to try on , makes sense to me 

Honored Contributor

No judgment here.  I've had to do it too. 

Respected Contributor

I've done that before. But only if it's an item I really, really, really wanted. I didn't want to take the chance of my size not being in stock.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree Just a question.  If you return a pair, isn't that over $10 in s/h charges?  I have a pair of those beach pants and I shortened them myself.  Put another pair in my "wish list" hoping for a free shipping day--LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

I am not a petite but I have ordered dresses and pants in petite because I want them shorter.  I think beach pants are more comfy if they are a little shorter.  Which color did you get?  I liked those pants.  I have too many pairs already.  So I passed.  

I got the leafy green print.  Like you said, I want a beach pants to be a little shorter but not too short.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@chrystaltree Just a question.  If you return a pair, isn't that over $10 in s/h charges?  I have a pair of those beach pants and I shortened them myself.  Put another pair in my "wish list" hoping for a free shipping day--LOL!!

Maybe....   I rarely return things.  I think just 3  things in 2021.  I'd rather pants that fit well  and make me happy right of the package.  I think QVC shipping charges are incredibly low so if I occasionally have to pay to return something, I'm ok with that.  

Esteemed Contributor

I normally wouldn't do that, if I wanted them bad enough I would just use the $$ for the return shipping toward the tailor to have them hemmed.   It's crazy sometimes that we have to expect to pay extra either for returns or alterations!