Respected Contributor

Two questions: would the chili/black Ikat shirt jacket look good with the short boho with the pleats? I wouldn't be wearing it in the summer and wonder if it would look too lightweight with tights and/or boots or flats. Looking at the print, which is not summery, I'd think not, but sometimes fabrics just don't work together and Louis keeps saying how light weight it is. I don't have any of his summer cottons from the last two years. Also, since I want to wear it over WK sweaters, should I go up a size? Every top I've ordered from Linea has been a S. That includes a three quarter length topper I bought a few years ago that has to be worn over sweaters.

I got the red torsade and I can't believe how Louis's manufacturer made plastic look so much like wood. I wasn't going to get the turq because I have my own real turq but the reviews say it isn't the color in Louis photo's. It's greener. But I have my own malachite. Can anyone describe the color? Which leaves black. Does it have any shine? Matte black jewelry really doesn't appeal to me but the red is amazing so of course I'm tempted.

Thank you! I have friends who always say I put myself together so perfectly; they don't do accessories, which I love. HA! they haven't met the woman on this board.

Honored Contributor

I can't answer your question about the Ikat shirt but I ordered the long necklace in the turquoise (I wanted to wear it doubled) and it is not what I call turquoise. Seems like it has gray in it. I assume the torsade is the same shade. I am returning it. I did order the red torsade and love it.

Respected Contributor
I have the black and red necklaces and both are beautiful. There are some good pictures in Louis' sneak peek of the black Tee on his website. I will definitely wear the the IKAT print in the chili pepper with my black short boho and sandals. It doesn't have to be bright or pastel colors to be summer wear.
Honored Contributor

I think the ikat Chili pepper jacket will work with the black shorter pleated skirt. Its a shorter length jacket and I think it will look cute with the shorter boho. Its not so short to be weird looking with the jacket IMO.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I think one of your questions was: can you wear the Chili/Black Ikat Top in the Winter over a WK. Well, I wouldn't wear it in the Winter. I think the fabric is too light for the Winter. Maybe someone else will think differently, though. I think it would be fine with the short, pleated Boho and cold wear through Indian Summer. But then again, I don't know where you live---so it depends on how cold it gets there, but in the North, I think it's a "no" for the Winter.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Valued Contributor

HI LAVENDAR, I am so delighted with the new Ikat blouse/jacket and skirt. Today I wore the black/red Ikat as a blouse with a black WK pencil skirt. I wore a WK black cardigan over my shoulders and a thin black patent belt over the blouse. I did not tuck the blouse into my skirt. Wore the new necklace in black (it has different shapes and textures; some beads are shiny and some mat). Hi black patent pumps and I got tons of compliments. I think these blouse/jackets are really useful additions for our wardrobes year around. Love this light weight cotton fabric. You asked about the short boho with pleats. I have that skirt in black and tried on for you. Looks fabulous. Really any black or red bottom. Hope Louis does this style again. I really like the way the collar/neck treatment looks on. Very flattering. Also got the coffee bean/latte combination and love with WK's in coffee bean and latte. I live in Ga now and for sure will wear these pieces year around due to the colors. You will look gorgeous and be very comfortable. Enjoy!!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Sheesh, I live in Boston, Ma and we have really cold winters. I'm retired and have more than enough clothes for spring, Indian summer and summer. I do have a practically red and black wardrobe. I'll see if I have a cardigan or jacket to go over it if I wear it as a blouse. Maybe it will eventually be reduced. Last winter was so cold that I barely wore my Linea clothes other than to layer my wk t's; under heavy sweaters I haven't worn in years and didn't wear a skirt until spring. I usually wear skirts all winter.

But the black torsade? I just might crumble. That won't be around for long.

Valued Contributor

I have many Turquoise pieces. This necklace is more the shade of the greener turq but it is close to a natural color only not as blue as shown on the blog. Hope this helps. I'm keeping mine.

Respected Contributor
On 5/31/2014 lavendar said:

Sheesh, I live in Boston, Ma and we have really cold winters. I'm retired and have more than enough clothes for spring, Indian summer and summer. I do have a practically red and black wardrobe. I'll see if I have a cardigan or jacket to go over it if I wear it as a blouse. Maybe it will eventually be reduced. Last winter was so cold that I barely wore my Linea clothes other than to layer my wk t's; under heavy sweaters I haven't worn in years and didn't wear a skirt until spring. I usually wear skirts all winter.

But the black torsade? I just might crumble. That won't be around for long.

I live in Longmeadow, MA!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I'm in Cambridge. A close friend of mine grew up in Longmeadow. I haven't been there in many decades but I remember some lovely areas.

When I say "there are no fashion rules where I live," you understand. Years ago when my late mother was visiting me, she said,"Where are all the women we saw shopping today at Ann Taylor? I'm in walking distance to Harvard Sq.

I grew up in Buffalo and I often see a WNY LLady posting.