Honored Contributor

For more choices you might take a look at Bob Mackie, and see if anything there catches your eye

Respected Contributor

Definitely the Graver top. It is lovely. The print is eye-catching so I think plain, classical jewelry would look nice.

Honored Contributor

JMO but I feel wearing pants to a semi-formal affair is just too casual. Spotty legs or not I'd wear a cocktail dress. Try finding a long dress if you are that uncomfortable with your legs. I live in a very rural area and made the trip into the big city when shopping for a dress for my sons weddings. I needed to see, feel and try on clothes to be sure. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

I’ll be the dissenting opinion here (not having the greatest day and I’m not in the best mood), I don’t care for the black top and pants outfit that was shown at all. It looks too, too severe.  Morticia Adams time.  Soooooooo much black and so flowy (I’m not a flowy fan. Don’t have the body type to look good in it).  Not a fan at all.  All that fabric would be overwhelming.  My apologies to anyone I might offend. 

@gidgetgh

It's navy.

Signed,

Morticia Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: I need opinions!

[ Edited ]

@lolakimonowrote:

@gidgetghwrote:

I’ll be the dissenting opinion here (not having the greatest day and I’m not in the best mood), I don’t care for the black top and pants outfit that was shown at all. It looks too, too severe.  Morticia Adams time.  Soooooooo much black and so flowy (I’m not a flowy fan. Don’t have the body type to look good in it).  Not a fan at all.  All that fabric would be overwhelming.  My apologies to anyone I might offend. 

@gidgetgh

It's navy.

Signed,

Morticia Cat LOL

@lolakimono, aka Morticia. I stand corrected, LOL. Looks like black to me. 

I felt kind  of bad posting as you’re always so kind and helpful and offer such great suggestions always. 

I guess I was thinking of how it would look on me. It would look horrible on me. But with the right body type, it would be better maybe. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

OMG, thanks for the giggles in regards to looking like Morticia!  That was a blast from the past.  Leaving here before too long for the shower some close friends and I are throwing for the bride.  Thanks everyone.  

Trusted Contributor

@coconut1818wrote:

I'm going to a wedding 4/21 at 2:00, Catholic church, with dinner and dancing reception to follow.  On their "The Knot" page it indicates semi-formal.  Now that I'm retired almost all of my clothes are casual.  I live in small town in Kansas.  I ordered Susan Graver top A302634 in coral (worried it might be too dressy), but I also am drawn to Linea top A302599 in perfectly pink.  I have gray hair and wear a XL.  I will be wearing black pants and low open toed black patent pumps.  I would truly appreciate any opinions or other suggestions!  I do not look good in a dress as my legs are very spotty from sun damage.  Thanks so much for any input.    

@coconut1818  I’m a big fan of the Linea line, but in this instance I would definitely go with the Susan Graver top. It’s absolutely beautiful!

Respected Contributor

You will not be the only one there in pants.  You'll be fine, very pretty outfit.

Honored Contributor

@coconut1818    I'm curious about your black pants. What is the material?

To answer your question, I don't like the Linea at all so I guess my vote goes for the SG which will definitely not be too dressy for a semi-formal wedding/reception.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

OP, wear what you feel most comfortable in. As others have mentioned, it’s only for a few hours. Whatever you wear will be great. 

I’d be stuck with a semi formal invitation also. I’d probably claim a migraine that day and stay home. Seriously. 

@gidgetgh, I'm sorry you're not up for a party right now. :-) Speaking of which, I probably wouldn't go either, unless I really had to.

But if I did, I would put on a nice pair of black trousers and and a dressy blouse and be done with it. No one is going to be scrutinizing a guest. And I bet many will be attired that way.

For goodness' sake, go and have a fun. After a couple glasses of wine, you will laugh at yourself for worrying about this.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland