Valued Contributor

I'm going to a wedding 4/21 at 2:00, Catholic church, with dinner and dancing reception to follow.  On their "The Knot" page it indicates semi-formal.  Now that I'm retired almost all of my clothes are casual.  I live in small town in Kansas.  I ordered Susan Graver top A302634 in coral (worried it might be too dressy), but I also am drawn to Linea top A302599 in perfectly pink.  I have gray hair and wear a XL.  I will be wearing black pants and low open toed black patent pumps.  I would truly appreciate any opinions or other suggestions!  I do not look good in a dress as my legs are very spotty from sun damage.  Thanks so much for any input.    

Honored Contributor

I am very much into dresses for weddings

you could opt for stockings if you don't like your legs

IMO that top is not too dressy

Weddings are a chance to dress up and look nice 

Esteemed Contributor

Both of them are nice, but I think the Linea is more casual.  I would opt for the Susan Graver one.  The rest of your outfit sounds lovely.   Hope you have a nice time Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Wear what you like and what makes you feel good about yourself........then just enjoy the wedding!

Honored Contributor

@coconut1818

This just popped up in my e-mail-

Esteemed Contributor

I think the the Linea top is nice..but more casual also as another poster stated ......of the two i would chose the Susan Graver top.............i too share your issue of only being able to wear pants.....it is so much harder to dress

for weddings and other special occasions.....Good Luck

and enjoy the day!

Valued Contributor

@coconut1818 - Of the 2 shirts I think the SG is more striking.  Have you considered a maxi shirt?  Having asked that I'd like to add that the 3 piece outfit @lolakimono showed you would be lovely.

Honored Contributor

My vote is for the Susan Graver top as well.

You will look very appropriate.

Respected Contributor

I think the outfit you have planned is perfect. A necklace might compete with the print, but be sure to wear a pretty earring, not too small if you have them. Or maybe if you have a plain pearl necklace and earrings. Try things you have on to see how it looks. Also a small handbag. Do you have a black one?

The other top would  look more casual and uncoordinated because of the contrast between the color of the top in the color of the pants. 

I know what you mean about having mostly casual clothing. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with a previous poster who said wear what you like and feel comfortable in.  I guarantee despite the "suggested attire" there will be all kinds of outfits and no one will care what you're wearing.  Personally, I can't remember the last time I wore a dress to anything.  However, I would get something a little more dressy than either of those tops.  Something with a little sparkle maybe.  But otherwise I would definitely go with the SG.