Respected Contributor

Re: I need nice jeans for a short, fat body.

@Carmie @Thanks for the tip! I have a relative in assisted living and the staff helps with the laundry. Getting things for her at Costco/sams in a great idea! Her last request was some cute jeans! She is I. Her nineties! So funny!

Super Contributor

I want to second the Talbots curvy jeans. they have a lot of ease in the hip and thigh area, lots of styles, and will last forever.

they also have this curvy style in dress pants, shorts, etc.

good luck from another short gal.

Respected Contributor

I really like Talbots jeans, too. Another one of my faves is Woman Within Tummy Tamer jeans. They're geared to plus sized women and come in petites, as well as a wide variety of colors (including black) and styles. 

Respected Contributor

I really appreciate all of your suggestions, but I think I will buy new earrings instead.

I have a headache from looking at all of the jeans!

If I think that they MAY fit me, they are out of my size.

If the description sounds good I look at the picture & they look hideous. Do they put the models in a too small size? The jeans look really tight around their lady parts or rucked up their bottoms!

New earrings & maybe some socks.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister goes to Chico's and finds slenderizing jeans there.

Esteemed Contributor

Try LL Bean for great jeans. On-line you'll find the style, leg cut, length, and size of your choice. And, they are well made and reasonable! Personally, I love their 100% cotton, zip front, straight leg jeans. Find what works for YOU and enjoy them!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I've gotten a couple pairs at Kohl's on,inevsince iut store doesn't have much.  Their Somoza brand fit me well in a 18; but I did have to take some off the length.  I just cut and frayed them.  Lauren Conrad has some nice ones too.  For me even the petite lengths are too long no matter who sells them.

Super Contributor

I agree with all the posters who suggested Kohl's. 

Super Contributor

I just got an email from Talbots about their Hampshire pants. It now comes with a comfort waist. It also comes in curvey-comfort waist and curvy. There are several jean options, a jogger and chinos etc! 

Might be worth a look! or a try on in store.

donna