Honored Contributor

Re: I need help removing liquid foundation from white pants!

I would not use those Tide to Go pens as they could change the color of the fabric (it says this on the directions). (Not the Clorox 2 which is for color clothing).

I would try some Lestoil and a soft toothbrush and then toss it into the wash and see how that works.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

Try Philososhy  's Purity. It has helped with make up stains , blood and more.

Honored Contributor

If your pants say "no chlorine bleach" believe them and use a Peroxide solution/paste because the chlorine bleach will often leave the fabric YELLOW when you're done getting the stain out.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Please let us know which solution   worked.  Took my pants to the Dry Cleaner, had to clean the pants twice...........................

Respected Contributor

I agree with peroxide. I got out a "set in" stain by rubbing the stain with a cotton swap soaked on peroxide. 

Honored Contributor

I had a bottle of a super duper, long lasting (think permanent) Revlon foundation once.  I got some on a nightgown.  I didn't take extraordinary steps to remove it since it wasn't outter wear.  That gown was washed dozens of times and the stain never did come out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks again everyone! Here's what worked:

I had already tried washing it twice, once after rubbing the Dawn in, and again while rubbing the stain with Ivory bar soap (my mom's favorite stain remover). The label on my pants said to wash in gentle cycle, cold water, with only non-chlorine bleach if needed. So I didn't want to use warm water. After reading your ideas, I soaked the area with OxyClean and let it sit about 30 minutes. I scrubbed it one more time with the Ivory soap, and really rubbed the fabric together, then I found some Tide with Bleach Alternative in the back of the closet. I used that, still using cold water. I let it sit in the detergent for about 30 minutes again, then turned the washer on. When the cycle was over the stain was completely gone - in every area!

Chynna - I will never leave home without those wipes again. I actually had some when we left home,  but left them with DS at his college! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I agree with peroxide. I got out a "set in" stain by rubbing the stain with a cotton swap soaked on peroxide. 

I've done this many times as well - on white T-shirts or on the white area of a printed T-shirt. I didn't want to try it here because the area was too big and I was worried about the fabric. The makeup splattered on my pants (and top, but that came clean more easily). There was one huge area and a bunch of smaller areas. 

I do keep q-tips in the laundry room for this purpose though. I pour a little Clorox bleach in the cap and dab away! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I had a bottle of a super duper, long lasting (think permanent) Revlon foundation once.  I got some on a nightgown.  I didn't take extraordinary steps to remove it since it wasn't outter wear.  That gown was washed dozens of times and the stain never did come out.

This happened with me with BE Serum foundation.  I dripped some on pajama bottoms.  I did spray with Spray N Wash and washed immediately and that stain didn't budge.

I also dripped foundation on a pair of light wash jeans and tried my darndest to get it out and it didn't work.  The jeans are stained.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I'd go with peroxide as well - this stuff works wonders on a ton of stains.

I never heard of this before and definitely will check it out.  Right now, I use stain remover (shout it out) and soak in Tide & water.  However, some stains are so stubborn so the peroxide sounds like a winner.  Thank you.

kindness is strength