Honored Contributor

I need help removing liquid foundation from white pants!

While we were traveling I dropped my favorite liquid foundation in a glass bottle on the bathroom counter of the hotel. It broke in half and went all over, including on my white pants. I scrubbed the stain with hotel bar soap, then let it dry. Of course it didn't make much of a difference, but I just thought I'd deal with it when I got home. I used my favorites - Dawn detergent and Ivory soap, and neither has made it go away completely. Can anyone help? TIA!

BTW, I cleaned up the area the best I could with Kleenex (didn't want to use the hotel white towels). I went through a whole box. Then I told the front desk when we left. The Kleenex worked really well on the counter and the floor, so they didn't have much to do. The bottle was a clean break, so there were no glass shards anywhere. AND - it was my favorite liquid foundation (GA Silk). I hadn't brought anything else, but thank goodness I had my tinted moisturizer with me! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I need help removing liquid foundation from white pants!

Cloronx bleach pen - 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The Clorox is an excellent suggestion.  Or you could get a regular spot remover then soak in the bathroom sink in Tide & water.  I would definitely try the Clorox pen first, if it doesn't work, try my suggestion.  Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Thank you both! The washing instructions say only non-chlorine bleach. Is it safe to use the pen? I have a Tide one. I'll have to get the Clorox one! 

Esteemed Contributor

I have always had success with a Greased Lightning.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

Try straight hydrogen peroxide and soak. it removes dried blood from anything, so perhaps makeup?

Or try Blue Dawn liquid (only blue) mixed with baking soda. Make a thick paste, rub itin and let more set on the stain.

Works for me with all makeups, waterproof or not, even mascara..

Good luck, let us know what works when you find it!

Trusted Contributor

This is what I do when I have stubborn stains.

Spray the stain with Spray and Wash.  Apply Clorox 2 on top of the Spray and Wash.  Gently scrub with a soft brush.  Put the garment aside for at least 30 minutes, then wash as normal.  After removing it from the washer, check to see if the stain is gone.  If any remains, repeat the process until the stain is gone.  I have had to wash things 3-4 times before the stain was finally removed.  Remember, do not put your pants in the dryer if any stain remains.  HTH

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom  Oh, I really hate the new washer detergents... here it what has worked so far... I added Chlorox 2 (powder) lots of it/Regular liquid scent-free Tide/and Oxyclean liquid all at once in the washer... I let our white sheets soak overnight/I washed DH's light blue -- the worst color for fading -- three times to remove an oil (like food oil) and it finally came out.

On pants that call for using non-chlorine bleach, I wouldn't use regular bleach until the last measure when I was ready to have to throw them away

For all of the situations above, I only dried the sheets after being sure they were as white as possible.

I never did put his light blue knit cotton tee in the dryer.

And the water temp was warm only because of the outside heat.  HTH 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Next time you go to the store, check the laundry aisle for these Shout Wipes. They are premoistened towelettes you use to remove and treat stains. You can treat an item with this, throw it in the hamper, and wash it days later and there will be no stain. I swear by them and always keep a few in my purse and box in my luggage for travel.

On-the-go stain-lifting power

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'd go with peroxide as well - this stuff works wonders on a ton of stains.