Honored Contributor

Re: I need blue jean HELP

[ Edited ]

Have you tried the denim & co pull on pants - they have an elastic waist - which you may or may not like , but I too am larger around my middle and I always have found them to be comfortable.They are straight leg , which is much more complimentary to your figure type than a skinny leg. And a higher rise is also more complimentary.I've always believed in dressing my figure not dressing the trends.

Respected Contributor

I have the same problem and found these in the tall but they come regular too.. I went down a size.

A297723
Isaac Mizrahi Live! Tall 24/7 Denim Straight Leg Jeans

Super Contributor

I hate jean shopping, you can try on 10 different pairs in the same brand and style and they all fit different. Depends on where they are made.

I have had good luck with Levis with a cotton/elastane blend, also known as lycra or spandex. The added stretch helps with the fit, pure cotton denim is not forgiving.

Honored Contributor

@AutumnJan

How did the JAG jeans work out?

Honored Contributor

@AutumnJan--Go to a store----Nordstrom,Macys, somewhere and ask for help!!!  Most times--for me anyway--I am over run will the sales people wanting to help and I have FINALLY given in and told them what I want or need or if they know of any thing that might help me. Most times they are thrilled to help. I have no breasts--completely flat chested, due to cancer, with no reconstruction in mind, so my challenges are finding tops that fit but don't emphasize that. See what happens!

Contributor

FANTASTIC...exactly as described! I love them...that wonderful wide waistband and slim through the hips...perfect. I think these would even fit IF I had hips they seems to really work with your body. I just ordered a second pair, this time boot-cut. The others are skinny leg. Thank you! -Jan

Contributor

I do have several pairs, and I like them, they still have more room in the hip area than I like. Another member recommended JAG jeans and I got them and they fit. I think no matter what shape they would fit, very nicely made and they don't look like they are streetchy but they are. Best part is they fit my no hip shape. -Jan

Honored Contributor

My goodness stop buying jeans online! I would never pay money to just try pants on! Take a day trip to your local department store, choose an armful of jeans, take them in the dressing room and try them on! Walla! More chances than none, you will find the perfect pair that fit!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@AutumnJan    Have you ever purchased the pull on jeans at Walmart?  Under $20 and a comfortable fit.  If they are too big in the thighs you can take them to a cleaners that does alterations.  I am retired and I use to wear Ellen Tracy, Anne Klein II and I don't want to spend that kind of money anymore.  You could try JJill as their models are able to wear their jeans but they are more money $79 and up.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what B&M stores you have near you, but I'd suggest that you go to Kohl's, Macy's, TJ Maxx or whatever is available to you, and actually try on jeans. It's just too hard to guess at how jeans will fit online and then pay for return return shipping. Most B&M stores have great sales and you can find a brand or style that works for you.