Honored Contributor

Re: I need blue jean HELP

[ Edited ]

My friend is apple-shaped, no butt and very thin thighs. She likes Gloria Vanderbilt jeans from JCP. She is 75yo and wears a size 10-12 in her bottoms.

Contributor

Old Navy Rockstar...mid rise, high rise...all have great stretch...i am 64 yrs old, 5'4 1/2 and 170 lbs. (pleasingly plump my mom used to call it) and get 12 or 14 depending on style 

Contributor

I hope you will like the Jag Jeans or the NYDJ.  I stumbled on both about a year ago.  I love them.  A little pricey but well made and comfortable, fashionable and wash well!!

I feel like my tummy is all tucked in and not out for play when I wear them!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I need blue jean HELP

[ Edited ]

I feel your pain. Just this past Saturday I must have tried on 30 pairs of jeans. I went to Macy’s, Penney’s, Dillard’s, Christopher Banks.  So many are skinny leg which I can’t even get past my calves (I’m a size 8-10 and  5’1) NYDJ jeans even in petite were a good 4 inches to long. Most brands were to long and the petites are to short. I got attitude from a sales clerk at Dillard’s when I told her what I was looking for. She basically said ankle pants are trendy and so sad to bad if you don’t like them, that’s what we have. I don’t want ankle length even though it’s supposed to be in this year. So many have a huge gap at the waist. I finally found 3 pair at Chico’s. I got 2 boyfriend cut and a slim cut that actually fit and I don’t look like a sausage. Plus the inseams for short are around 29-30. Plus right now Chico’s is having a 40% off entire order sale. Each pair was around $50.00.

Respected Contributor

Martha Stewart is on QVC NOW showing her jeans!

Esteemed Contributor

I buy Amanda jeans in Costco.  I am "rounded" and after looking in the mirror I am going on a new diet.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I'm a wide waist/small hips person. My favorite brands are:

*Jag (ones with the flat elastic band at the top)

*INC at Macy's - they have "Regular Fit" and "Curvy" jeans. I buy Regular Fit (in straight leg, skinny leg, or boyfriend style). I have lots of INC jeans. 

*Old Navy Rockstar Jeans - The fit changes a bit from season to season, so I go into the store to try on.

*White House/Black Market - often their jeans (especially ankle jeans) fit me great.

Contributor

Thank you...I know the grass is always greening on the other side,  but I seriously would like some curves. Smiley Surprised) -Jan

Contributor

Thank you! I will check that out! -Jan

Honored Contributor

Laurie Felt- Hot in Hollywood. I ordered second pair. Love her Jean Jackets.