Valued Contributor

Re: I need a boot intervention

Thank you @MercysMom!  I checked them out, they are my style and perfect heel height for me.  I was going to order them then saw they werent real suede.  I dont do faux leather and suede but I love the style! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I usually don't buy the traditional-style riding boots because the soles are often smooth and have little tread if any,  made for putting your foot through stirrups. I like good tread on all my boots so I can wear them with confidence in the snow and ice.Woman Happy 

I never wear my "good" boots in the ice and snow.

Bought a pair of waterproof Bzees last winter which turned out to be the most awesome snow and ice boots, though.  They're kinda cute, too.

Honored Contributor

I admit that I own way too many boots. I've resorted to hanging some of them inside closets like this and some on hooks on the walls, too.

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I see the TSV boots on the preview page as being a low-heel riding boot with buckles:

tsv_20161013.jpg

I need to buy a bigger house....just for my boots!Woman LOL

I do too.

I'm so out of control with boots and buy new ones every season--and not just one new pair, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

Thank you @MercysMom!  I checked them out, they are my style and perfect heel height for me.  I was going to order them then saw they werent real suede.  I dont do faux leather and suede but I love the style! 

@lianne, That price is shocking for faux!

Trusted Contributor

They are cute. I bought the similar Clarks TSV boots a year or so ago with the mixed media Suede and leather and due to my legs I cant wear them. 11W...am probably going to sell them and stick to my UGGS which have no heel. I love those kind of boots....just cant wear them anymore. Hope all who buy them will enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@lianne wrote:

@lianne, That price is shocking for faux!

I don't think that price is shocking for faux at all. I'd be shocked that for that price anyone would think they were real suede.

Super Contributor

I like the style but not the suede part. We get too much snow. They also look to have slicker soles. I need traction. 

Trusted Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Favorite Son wrote:

My boot intervention was the last step in a larger wardrobe intervention.  I'm a boot fanatic, too, but boy are they a pain to manage and store!

I had boots everywhere and I got really tired of putting the supports in them, laying them back in the boxes after wearing, etc.  So last spring I sold off all but two pair. with a goal of eventually having four pair - black and brown only - two pair of short, and two pair of tall boots. I'm there now, and with only four pair I have room to have them out and on top of my shoe rack at all times.  What a relief.  I'm happier with fewer, higher quality boots.

I know this is OT but I wanted to share what I've done with my boots, which is an inexpensive alternative to the supports.  I cut a length of pool noodle to the height of the boots and insert them into the boots. That keeps them standing and not falling over, everywhere on the floor of the closet.  Just thought I'd share. Smiley Happy

My solution was Amazon.com again. Bought stackable drawers designed specifically for boots.  They fit two abreast in stacks of six in the space challenged closet.  More can be stacked on the floor if you have room.  The advantages are easily accessible boots that are dust free and puppy proofed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse, Thanks for the great tip about using pool noodles as boot supports.  I have some standard wooden and plastic boot supports, but have also resorted to using  rolled up magazines. The noodles seem like an excellent inexpensive solution.