Honored Contributor

Re: I must be out of touch with fashion....

I have a number of Tencel items in my wardrobe that cost a fraction of that and still look as good as the day I bought them (years ago).  I love the fabric, but no way would I pay that for the shirt being described.

I couldn't find anything matching the description or the photo posted.  The only Tencera blouse I could find was a pullover style.  Does anyone have an item number?

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I couldn't find anything matching the description or the photo posted.  The only Tencera blouse I could find was a pullover style.  Does anyone have an item number?

A299013

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

A301606 Belle $41 and change

also check eBay for this

Honored Contributor

Wow I hope this shirt was made in the US so the workers got paid a good wage.  Otherwise if it was made out of the county and the profit on this shirt is outrageous.

Honored Contributor

No, you're not out of touch.  It's not that prevalent in stores.  Must look for it.  Soft Surroundings has quite a bit from $80 to $100.  

I purchased a Tencel (original brand name - Lyocell generic name) shirt like this from QVC for a much lower price, maybe around $80. Forget whose it is.  It's very nice.  It drapes over the body beautifully, doesn't cling like modal and some other fabrics, at least modal does on me. It's usually a heavier weight, so bra outlines don't show when you move.  It's also a natural fabric made out of wood pulp.  

QVC has bedsheets in 100% Tencel and a cotton Tencel blend.  

But, it's not easy care like polyester.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice shirt but, a bit pricey 😳😜🤪

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Wow I hope this shirt was made in the US so the workers got paid a good wage.  Otherwise if it was made out of the county and the profit on this shirt is outrageous.

Nope, it says "imported".  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CritterKeeper wrote:

.....I just watched QVC present a denim button up shirt for $130!!!!! I must seriously be out of touch with fashion and what is in. I could never justify that much for a denim shirt, no matter how soft it is. To each his own, I guess. 🥴

@CritterKeeper   I have a crop top in the same fabric which my daughter purchased for my birthday about 2-1/2 years ago (Eileen Fisher) $189.  I did not want it that bad but she thought it "looks dawhling on you, Mutha."

PS.  Not to be a negative Nellie, but that same shirt once sold (by Side Stitch) at Sears for $19.95 and then it was removed and sent to Bloomingdale and I suppose it did not fly or flew out the door and QVC is now selling it. It's a pretty shirt.  I guess at $19.95 they sold like hotcakes and it was decided they needed to mark them up.

Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

.....I just watched QVC present a denim button up shirt for $130!!!!! I must seriously be out of touch with fashion and what is in. I could never justify that much for a denim shirt, no matter how soft it is. To each his own, I guess. 🥴

@CritterKeeper 

Whether something is "in fashion" or not isn't determined strictly by price .....   at least not where I come from.   

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1    ...and stitched together with the finest silk threads from the Forbidden City in China.