Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Wearing a Stan Herman chenille robe right now. Have been searching for another long zip-front, step-in chenille robe for months! They aren't available in 100% cotton any more. Wish Stan would bring us MORE of his beloved chenille zip-front, step-in 100% cotton chenille robes. I buy several, again. His are the BEST ever. I have a knee length and a long robe . . . and both need replacing. ARE YOU LISTENING, QVC???

@BirkiLadyProbably not, so why don't you post a suggestion in the Suggestion Forum which the Mods have said they read frequently and from which they pass on suggestions to the appropriate QVC folks.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@BARBIE100 wrote:

I sure miss his 100% cotton chenille robes.  

I know!!!!!!! What I wouldn't give to be able to get one.

If you really want one, they are available on Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

Wearing a Stan Herman chenille robe right now. Have been searching for another long zip-front, step-in chenille robe for months! They aren't available in 100% cotton any more. Wish Stan would bring us MORE of his beloved chenille zip-front, step-in 100% cotton chenille robes. I buy several, again. His are the BEST ever. I have a knee length and a long robe . . . and both need replacing. ARE YOU LISTENING, QVC???

@BirkiLadyProbably not, so why don't you post a suggestion in the Suggestion Forum which the Mods have said they read frequently and from which they pass on suggestions to the appropriate QVC folks.

Pearley - As a matter of fact, I DID write in the Suggestion Forum as soon as I posted the above paragraph! Way ahead of your suggestion. Thanks, anyway. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

For years and years, I seriously have been waiting for a 'faux' chenille robe.  That is, chenille made out of polyester.  Soft, and easy to wash and dry.  Not as heavy as a cotton chenille fabric. Think of all of the fabulous colors in the accent designs!  Now I'm thinking of Nanny Fran Dresher, wearing her white chenille robes with accents of floral colors.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

For years and years, I seriously have been waiting for a 'faux' chenille robe.  That is, chenille made out of polyester.  Soft, and easy to wash and dry.  Not as heavy as a cotton chenille fabric. Think of all of the fabulous colors in the accent designs!  Now I'm thinking of Nanny Fran Dresher, wearing her white chenille robes with accents of floral colors.

They would have been the real deal. Not polyester. Yuk.

Honored Contributor

I've given many of his robes as gifts.  This was years ago when they were high quality TSV's always offered around holiday giving time.

Honored Contributor

I loved the cotton chenille, yet maybe the Q could offer a soft fleecy-chenille option that wouldn't be as expensive as real cotton chenille.  I'm only guessing that they would be pricey, but I'm not sure, of course.   I have several soft, cozy fleece hooded robes, not floor length because I have way too many stairs.  But, chenille would be a treat, that's for sure.  Well, just maybe 'they' are reading our requests...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Never liked the chenille stuff he offered...heavy and shedding so bad.  I did purchase not that long ago a robe from his line that was nice in a plush cozy fabric but after a few months the zipper just came unstitched and it was kinds falling apart.  I have had robes from Khol's that last for yrs and look the same as the day I bought them.  In fact I just purchased a gorgeous one with my $20 Khol's cash.....so comfy and what a great deal!

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE

It was interesting to see you mention the "Miss Elaine" brand.

Many years ago, my mother worked as a seamstress in their factory in St. Louis.  She was often selected to sew the sample gowns since her work was so meticulouos. 

When not working on samples, she did piece work which was grueling.  The factory was large, dusty, noisy and not airconditioned! 

Had no idea the brand was still around.

Honored Contributor

Re: I miss Stan Herman

[ Edited ]
@Witchy Woman wrote:

@SharkE

It was interesting to see you mention the "Miss Elaine" brand.

Many years ago, my mother worked as a seamstress in their factory in St. Louis.  She was often selected to sew the sample gowns since her work was so meticulouos. 

When not working on samples, she did piece work which was grueling.  The factory was large, dusty, noisy and not airconditioned! 

Had no idea the brand was still around.

Sure, in the better dept. stores. Dillard's and few others. Dillard's is the only 'nice' store we have in Amarillo. Talbot's, but, never been in there.

When I'm on vacation I hit the better stores and let loose.

halloweenmeankid.gif