Super Contributor

Re: I'm tired of hearing what things would cost in LISA's store ...

A rude, condescending, narcissistic woman...would never spend my hard earned money on anything she sells.
Honored Contributor

At the risk of bursting someone's bubble here, I have actually BEEN in both the Sherman Oaks store, and the one on Melrose Avenue.   The clothes were NOT cheap, so the woman was probably right.   Sorry.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

At the risk of bursting someone's bubble here, I have actually BEEN in both the Sherman Oaks store, and the one on Melrose Avenue.   The clothes were NOT cheap, so the woman was probably right.   Sorry.

Yes but I think the point the OP was making is the stores are closed so what they would cost in her now imaginary store is inconsequential.

I also wonder what the workmanship and fabric was like in her stores compared to what is sold on QVC?  I bought 1 top way back when LR was newer to QVC.  IMO it was horrible.  The material was just gross and everything about the top felt and looked cheap.  I'm not anti poly but that top was the heavy, suffocating, sweat inducing poly.  I believe the original price of that top on QVC was $88.00.  I could totally picture that top in her store for a lot more money but done in a much nicer fabric.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 you are right. she had a store in my area too closed a couple of years ago.  They were pricey. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I agree 

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I'M SURE THEY WERE PRICEY, BUT LR IS NOT SELLING ON MELROSE ANYMORE, LOL.

(NOT SURE WHY THIS IS TYPING SO BIG) SORRY

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Yes but I think the point the OP was making is the stores are closed so what they would cost in her now imaginary store is inconsequential.

I also wonder what the workmanship and fabric was like in her stores compared to what is sold on QVC?  I bought 1 top way back when LR was newer to QVC.  IMO it was horrible.  The material was just gross and everything about the top felt and looked cheap.  I'm not anti poly but that top was the heavy, suffocating, sweat inducing poly.  I believe the original price of that top on QVC was $88.00.  I could totally picture that top in her store for a lot more money but done in a much nicer fabric.

I liked that top.  I thought it was super nice poly.  All poly is not created equal (I think you've also stated that).  Different strokes for different folks.  At the time I liked LIsa, I bought it on either an As is or LTS, and I thought it was nicely made.   

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Graciesmom wrote:

You don't have a store Lisa which is why you're here at QVC ...  i don't care what your clothes would cost at your store and I find it insulting to be told that I couldn't afford to shop at YOUR store and how happy I should be that you're here so I can afford your clothes ! 

@Graciesmom & the 40 posters that hearted this comment - how is this any different than:

LDO repeatedly promoting Linea as the Q version of Anne Klein??? That's his shtick/selling point. And we know it's not the same

Cameron repeatedly promoting the Q Halston line as something inspired by Roy Halston??? And we know it's not the same

GILI was created to offer lower priced inspirations of Gucci and other high end brands.  And we know it's not the same

Why do people watch shows or vendors that bother them to the point of running to the board to post about it??? Lisa Rinna is doing exactly the same as every other Q vendor. Nothing egregious or out of line.

This thread is nothing more or less - it's a personal bash toward Lisa Rinna. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri