Honored Contributor

Re: I'm sorry, but I have two issues...

These endless threads just crack me up. One poster after another thinking they are the know all, be all, of fashion. I'm just here to lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

My issue is with the use of the phrase "bag ladies" in critizing clothing. Women who survive on the streets, for whatever reason, should not held up to insult and ridicule.

@suzyQ3 

Thank you!  I really dislike the references made on this board to "bag ladies".

And it happens often.

Honored Contributor

You must have very fancy, well heeled bag ladies where you live.

Valued Contributor

I  do agree that enough is enough! I'm sure someone likes the LOGO line. I choose to switch the channel. It looks like maternity clothes to me. I mean who wants 60 to 70 inches of fabric around their hips? They are losing a big audience when she's on.  Between the bell sleeves, cold shoulders & peplum style I just don't buy it. I tried a few peplums and I am not fat but it made me look fat. To each his own. I think they are trying to attract a younger audience. They forget that the baby boomers are a huge #. I like to try new styles. I do prefer the classics. That's just me. As far as the makeup goes you see it all the time. Some people really overdo it. I don't care. And the new fabrics that are coming out with have not worked for many people. I like easy care.

Respected Contributor

I have some LOGO pieces I really like.  I don’t think they make me look like a bag lady, but I don’t mind if others feel differently. 

People have differing opinions about everything under the sun. I think it is part of the human condition.

Honored Contributor

@ArmoBuyer  you don't have to preface your post with " I'm Sorry", you don't have to apologize for having an opinion. I agree with you on lining the eyes and many have been voicing their negative opinion of the LOGO line for years and she's still here. Evidently many women do not mind looking like bag ladies and will even pay big bucks to get the look. LOL  Lori does have some items that I think are great looking that I do own and love, but most of it IMO is just ridiculous looking.

Trusted Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@ArmoBuyer wrote:

Number 1: Am I the only one who thinks LOGO clothes make one look like a "Bag Lady"?

I did buy one top with a self-fabric ruffle, no lace or chiffon, and it's OK, but I would never confuse it with "fashion." Nor woud the look be improved by adding another three layers as is so often suggested. 

I understand that we all have our preferences, style. I love both Louis and Isaac, which is to say I prefer some indication of refinement, craftsmanship and value for my money.  

Number 2: I paint portraits. I look very closely at facial features when I do. Ladies, all that eye make up does NOT make your eyes look bigger. It just makes your eyes look MADE UP.

When presenters show side-by-side comparisons, it's so obvious! In the "before," you can see the fuller eye and pupil color clearly. In the "after," so often eyeliner especially closes in and diminishes the true eye. 

Gentle, neutral, sculptural application of shadows can enhance, but skip all the linings.

*********I'm not sure how painting of  portraits got into this discussion.  All I can say to this is.... paint me how you see me....not as you want me to be seen!

Have your preferences ....... just don't  deride or ridicule the preferences of others and you will make a whole lot more friends here than enemies.  

1. OP stated that she's a portrait painter and that observation is fundamental. As a portrait artist, I know.

2. No. We don't paint you, solely, as we see you. We inject much more into it. Also, we don't see you as you see you. 

3. Not everyone is here to make friends or enemies, just state opinions. But, I don't understand what the bag lady comments add to the discussion. That's not constructive criticism. Still, it's OPs opinion. That's okay.  One person's "indication of refinement, craftsmanship and value" can be another person's indication of "wouldn't be caught dead in it."  I don't wear QVC clothes. Period. Any line. So, I don't feel the need to denigrate or defend any of them. 

Honored Contributor

“But” negates anything written before it..,just sayin’

4DA618C5-C50B-4641-951F-8C1186E45D91.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@ArmoBuyer  This last TSV cardigan by Logo was a bomb.  I do not care to look like Betty Boop.  I purchased one "as is" long sleeve tee shirt with a normal hemline and I like it.  I would not purchase the ruffle hemlines.  I believe Lori can design but her off the wall choices are not for me.  She should stick with more straight hemlines and offer beautiful colors. or even the one bite on the side hemline is nice.   I will admit that some of her colors are the best out here but her prices are getting too high.

As far as makeup, women always wear more makeup on TV.  Even off TV, some women prefer a lot of eye makeup and that is their choice no matter what anyone thinks. I think a smoky eye looks best on dark color eyes.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@ArmoBuyer wrote:

Number 1: Am I the only one who thinks LOGO clothes make one look like a "Bag Lady"?

I did buy one top with a self-fabric ruffle, no lace or chiffon, and it's OK, but I would never confuse it with "fashion." Nor woud the look be improved by adding another three layers as is so often suggested. 

I understand that we all have our preferences, style. I love both Louis and Isaac, which is to say I prefer some indication of refinement, craftsmanship and value for my money.  

Number 2: I paint portraits. I look very closely at facial features when I do. Ladies, all that eye make up does NOT make your eyes look bigger. It just makes your eyes look MADE UP.

When presenters show side-by-side comparisons, it's so obvious! In the "before," you can see the fuller eye and pupil color clearly. In the "after," so often eyeliner especially closes in and diminishes the true eye. 

Gentle, neutral, sculptural application of shadows can enhance, but skip all the linings.

*********I'm not sure how painting of  portraits got into this discussion.  All I can say to this is.... paint me how you see me....not as you want me to be seen!

Have your preferences ....... just don't  deride or ridicule the preferences of others and you will make a whole lot more friends here than enemies.  

1. OP stated that she's a portrait painter and that observation is fundamental. As a portrait artist, I know.

2. No. We don't paint you, solely, as we see you. We inject much more into it. Also, we don't see you as you see you. 

3. Not everyone is here to make friends or enemies, just state opinions. But, I don't understand what the bag lady comments add to the discussion. That's not constructive criticism. Still, it's OPs opinion. That's okay.  One person's "indication of refinement, craftsmanship and value" can be another person's indication of "wouldn't be caught dead in it."  I don't wear QVC clothes. Period. Any line. So, I don't feel the need to denigrate or defend any of them. 

*********  Well, I guess I ruffled some feathers.  I admit, I'm a terrible artist and painter and know little about it but please, please, please....never paint my portrait without my eyeliner! I don't even like my picture taken without it and if I was brave enough, I would do the permanent eyeliner thing! 

On a more serious note, I was taught that it's not so much what you say as how you say it.  I obviously fail at that sometimes but at least I try.