Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm sorry, but I have two issues...

I'm tired of people with their "gotcha" attempts when admonishing  someone who says,  "I'm sorry, but..."
Are you feigning being ignorant, or are you, truly, obtuse?
OP used that phrase as it's ALWAYS been used and intended. Yes, the whole point of that phrase is that you're not sorry. Most of us, whose native language is English, know it.
I'm sorry, but, that stupid "gotcha" attempt shows up every time. OP used the phrase correctly and with intention.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm sorry, but I have two issues...

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@ArmoBuyer wrote:

Number 1: Am I the only one who thinks LOGO clothes make one look like a "Bag Lady"?

I did buy one top with a self-fabric ruffle, no lace or chiffon, and it's OK, but I would never confuse it with "fashion." Nor woud the look be improved by adding another three layers as is so often suggested. 

I understand that we all have our preferences, style. I love both Louis and Isaac, which is to say I prefer some indication of refinement, craftsmanship and value for my money.  

Number 2: I paint portraits. I look very closely at facial features when I do. Ladies, all that eye make up does NOT make your eyes look bigger. It just makes your eyes look MADE UP.

When presenters show side-by-side comparisons, it's so obvious! In the "before," you can see the fuller eye and pupil color clearly. In the "after," so often eyeliner especially closes in and diminishes the true eye. 

Gentle, neutral, sculptural application of shadows can enhance, but skip all the linings.

*********I'm not sure how painting of  portraits got into this discussion.  All I can say to this is.... paint me how you see me....not as you want me to be seen!

Have your preferences ....... just don't  deride or ridicule the preferences of others and you will make a whole lot more friends here than enemies.  

1. OP stated that she's a portrait painter and that observation is fundamental. As a portrait artist, I know.

2. No. We don't paint you, solely, as we see you. We inject much more into it. Also, we don't see you as you see you. 

3. Not everyone is here to make friends or enemies, just state opinions. But, I don't understand what the bag lady comments add to the discussion. That's not constructive criticism. Still, it's OPs opinion. That's okay.  One person's "indication of refinement, craftsmanship and value" can be another person's indication of "wouldn't be caught dead in it."  I don't wear QVC clothes. Period. Any line. So, I don't feel the need to denigrate or defend any of them. 

*********  Well, I guess I ruffled some feathers.  I admit, I'm a terrible artist and painter and know little about it but please, please, please....never paint my portrait without my eyeliner! I don't even like my picture taken without it and if I was brave enough, I would do the permanent eyeliner thing! 

On a more serious note, I was taught that it's not so much what you say as how you say it.  I obviously fail at that sometimes but at least I try.

I promise. 

Smiley Happy