Contributor

I'm sorry, but I have two issues...

Number 1: Am I the only one who thinks LOGO clothes make one look like a "Bag Lady"?

I did buy one top with a self-fabric ruffle, no lace or chiffon, and it's OK, but I would never confuse it with "fashion." Nor woud the look be improved by adding another three layers as is so often suggested. 

I understand that we all have our preferences, style. I love both Louis and Isaac, which is to say I prefer some indication of refinement, craftsmanship and value for my money.  

Number 2: I paint portraits. I look very closely at facial features when I do. Ladies, all that eye make up does NOT make your eyes look bigger. It just makes your eyes look MADE UP.

When presenters show side-by-side comparisons, it's so obvious! In the "before," you can see the fuller eye and pupil color clearly. In the "after," so often eyeliner especially closes in and diminishes the true eye. 

Gentle, neutral, sculptural application of shadows can enhance, but skip all the linings.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm sorry, but I have two issues...

as high as her 'clothes' are sure are some mighty hoity toitie bag ladies out there.  I don't wear her stuff, sure aren't a bargain.

Honored Contributor

Only two?

Trusted Contributor

If you watched and actually listened to Lori you might learn something.  She's a very cool lady.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ArmoBuyer 

Fashion isn't about conformity with what you think it should be. From the beginning of artistic license, and individualized design, uniqueness, and joy. Imagine a world where society dressed the same way or dictating style. Now, That would be tragic. 

Respected Contributor

Logo isn't my style but looking like a bag lady...no.

Trusted Contributor

Did you look like a bag lady wearing the item you purchased?  Or did you purchase it for something other than wearing it?

Also more makeup application is needed when on stage in front of cameras.  They are not having their portraits painted.

Trusted Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

Did you look like a bag lady wearing the item you purchased?  Or did you purchase it for something other than wearing it?

Also more makeup application is needed when on stage in front of cameras.  They are not having their portraits painted.

Stage and film (tv) are 2 different mediums. All that makeup is not necessary for tv, especially HD.  Also, few people have very small tv's. They're not playing to the back seats. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not familiar with LOGO clothes so can't comment about that.   I will agree that as we get older, less is more when it comes to makeup.  A lot of eye makeup definitely makes the eyes look smaller and trust me, I have been taking advise from some of the biggest makeup artists simply by paying attention to what they either wrote in a book or said on a talk show.

My daughter is in her fifties and I have been after her to stop wearing shimmer eye shadow and go with a lighter application.  I guess she thinks I don't know what I am talking about since she is still applying it with a heavy hand and yes, using the shimmer shadow.  Woman Frustrated

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   I pretty much defied everything my mother told me from about the age of 12.  What I wouldn't give to have her back for a week, a day, whatever, just so I could listen to all her  good sense and caring ideas.