Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm sorry. I hate cropped pants. I guess I'm the only one.

On 2/22/2015 Kathleen said:
On 2/22/2015 magicmoodz said:
On 2/21/2015 lolakimono said:
On 2/21/2015 number one queen said: I so agree with you! It's hard to fine nice classy ankle pants,I hate shorts feel I look fatter than i am.

I like the waistband on these, but I feel the leg opening is too wide. It makes them appear as the dreaded "floods" rather than an ankle pant.

I think where it hits on my leg makes all the difference between a "flood" look and the look of ankle pants - and also the shoe.

Depends on every individual's leg shape and length.

Sometimes, I have to shorten just a half inch/inch and it makes all the difference.

I agree, Kathleen. And same with the width of the leg and the lack of appropriate tapering (with ankle pants). An inch can make it or break it.

Unfortunately we aren't all as talented as you with our tailoring skills. It makes pants/jeans shopping a real feat, but so worth the effort.

Trusted Contributor

Call me crazy, but I love this look from J Crew Spring/Summer 2015:

Trusted Contributor

As for Bermuda shorts, I like this also, from J Crew Spring/Summer 2015:

Trusted Contributor

And one more, LOVE:

Valued Contributor

You are NOT alone. I think crop pants and jackets with 3/4 sleeves look like they were in the dryer too long and shrank...but to each her own. Also not a fan of uneven hems and leggings that make you look like you have bird legs. Casual and classic styling is my preference.

Super Contributor

I love capri pants , crop pants are not a good look on me.

Valued Contributor

Although I don't *hate* them, I do realize now that they have not been the most flattering style for my body type in the past. However, I'm not a fan of shorts. Occasionally, depending upon my weight fluctuations, I can get away with a longer short. But anything that cuts me off above ankles ain't great anymore. I'm thinking that Summer 2015 will be the "Year of the Skirt" for me.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I won't wear shorts but I do wear crops and capris. Love em!

Super Contributor

So funny how this discussion comes up every year at this time and usually turns into a feud, LOL! I happen to love crop pants and capris if they're not too short. I don't care for ankle pants or peddle pushers or shorts.

Honored Contributor

Yay. I knew the threads about crop pants were going to be right around the corner.

I just love threads that proclaim a certain clothing item looks good on absolutely NO ONE.