Respected Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@Southern Classy wrote:

I'm so tired of these thin, flimsy, stretchy materials presented in the tops at the Q.  I'm constantly returned items because they are almost like wearing a slip.  Also, always returning things because of the color..they say aqua...it turns out to be turquoise.  Or they say pink and it is peach.  

This mornings Denim & Co show had a lot of uglies, can't imagine what they'd look like in person. One had gromets all around the neck, a matronly shirt with armpit buttons,& a drab striped dress. I just removed my DVR timer to not record anymore. I'm going to also shop local, too.

And yet . . . for the ugly "drab striped dress," 7 of the 8 current reviews give it 5 stars!

Honored Contributor

The use of the thin and flimsy fabrics is a result of what the fabric mills are producing. The mills, mostly over seas, produce for the masses. It's much more cost effective for them to make lots of thin stuff. Substantial fabrics are very costly and time consuming to produce, especially when it involves natural fibers like cotton and wool.