Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 ECBG said:

I'm not going to buy any more "hi lo" hems, or Ikat print. I will always like the boho lace tops! I have a few of both and that's all I'll buy because knit pants and a shirt or two isn't a long term investment. It's been out for two years and due to go downhill.

For spring I'll look for design in runway shows and magazines!

Are you planning a change or going just staying where you are with "styles"? How much of your closet is Ikat, shark bite, or high low?

What does shark bite mean? I'm not familiar with that term.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I like the different hem styles, but nothing too extreme, I find these softer, a little longer more fluid type tops work better for my body type as I age.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/19/2015 magicmoodz said:

I plan to change my casual summer wardrobe a bit.

I think I own 4 pair of capri/crop pants that will be finding a new home. I will still wear ankle pants, boyfriend jeans, and on rare occasion shorts, but plan to incorporate more sundresses and skirts into my wardrobe.

That's pretty much what my plans for spring/summer. No capri pants...will do ankle length and skirts. I probably won't do shorts except for my own backyard. Only talking about for me as I do not have long legs and that length that ends right below knee to mid calf is NOT a great look for me. My hubby doesn't comment much when I wear clothing he doesn't care for. BUT he does raise his eyebrows when I put on my 'short' pants. LOL.

I was not a fan of the uneven hems...only have two and won't buy anymore. I AM a fan of the tunic length ... but w/ even hems.

But to each their own.

The only thing I'm really not of fan of for anyone is the 'I give up look' ... which I ascribe to folks who were their PJ's to the store and to women who wear light colored leggings w/ colored underwear. The whole people of WalMart look.

Not a fan and I do want to go up and ask them if they have mirrors or friends. But my spouse said to keep my trap closed and to just keep walking. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

I don't think asymmetrical styles are out. I am seeing more and more of them. Same goes for layering, long tunics, leggings etc. If you want lasting styles, runways and magazines are the last place to go - these show trends for the season, or year at best.

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 NickNack said:
On 1/19/2015 ECBG said:

I'm not going to buy any more "hi lo" hems, or Ikat print. I will always like the boho lace tops! I have a few of both and that's all I'll buy because knit pants and a shirt or two isn't a long term investment. It's been out for two years and due to go downhill.

For spring I'll look for design in runway shows and magazines!

Are you planning a change or going just staying where you are with "styles"? How much of your closet is Ikat, shark bite, or high low?

What does shark bite mean? I'm not familiar with that term.

What was origonally known as "shark bite" became "high-low". Some people still use that term.

Esteemed Contributor

Shark bite hem

Hi-lo hem

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 betteb said:

Shark bite hem

Hi-lo hem

Thank you. I wondered if a shark bite hem was the hem that came down low on each side. I tried a shirt like that on once in Anthropologie. It looked so cute on the model online. I didn't like the way it looked on me--too much fabric or something. I'm 5'4"". Maybe you need to be taller pull it off. I do have one or two high-low hems and like them. They aren't as exaggerated as some of LOGO's though. I bought them at Anthropologie.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 Kathleen said:

I'm not changing anything ... my personal style has been evolving over many years and is just about perfect.

I have a ""look"" that works for me.

Ditto.

Esteemed Contributor

I have some tops with shark bite hems or high low hems. I have something similar to the animal print top shown above too. I wear tops like these with skinny jeans. I don't own a ""crisp white shirt"" and don't wear button down shirts at all. I don't wear tops tucked into pants or skirts either.