Honored Contributor

Re: I'm not feeling those wide-leg jeans/pants!

Love a good bootcut; balances out the hips (hourglass figure).

I can pull off the skinny too.

I also like the palazzos as long as the waist and hips are fitted..

A good look all depends on what you're wearing on top. If the slacks are flowing I'm NOT wearing a billowy top (which I don't wear much anyway)

Honored Contributor

I like relaxed, 'loose' pants on myself, but not wide-wide.  However, many women look fabulous when wearing the wider legged pants, (sometimes) much better than too-too tight pants without longer/tunic tops to cover certain areas.  Anyway, I don't feel physically comfortable wearing tight-tight pants.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not wild about the flare jeans, although some look good on the tall, thin models.  The way they are standing and styled in the pic makes them attractive.  But, I like straight the best.  I've hardly worn my bootcut, and I have skinny that I like.

I kind of like the skinny girlfriend jeans, Gap sent an email, they are relaxed skinny I guess, not as loose as the boyfriend.

ETA:  my mistake, not skinny girlfriend jeans at Gap, "1969 Authentic Best Girlfriend Jeans" but I read somewhere they are not as full as the boyfriend Jean.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not wearing wide leg or flare pants and I'm not wearing bootcut jeans either right now. Wide leg or flare pants require you to put a lot of thought into what shoes you will pair them with as the pants should be close to the ground as in 1/4 inch to a half inch from the floor. They are also paired with a body skimming top. And of course you have to take into account the weather because long wide pants easily soak up water from a puddle or wet pavement.

Same reason that I put away my bootcut jeans was I was always having to roll up the hem in order to walk outside so that the hem wouldn't get wet.

And do you ever notice how fashion shows on shopping channels always show too short wide leg pants on very tall models? Not a good look at all!

Honored Contributor

I LOVED IM's STRAIGHT legged jeans from Monday night's show, but I usually don't pay that price for jeans. 

Still thinking about them though.

Respected Contributor

It's that we have options.  I like the look of skinnies and slims on other women but they aren't a good look for me.  Straight works as long as it isn't too slim.  I prefer a boot cut or a full leg.  When I hear "wide leg", I assume ther person is referring to palazzo pants which I do not wear and will never wear.  I'm a 5'4" inch size 16/18 so if my pant legs are too wide, I look like I'm in a big  box.  I have been seeing boot cut and full leg and wider leg pants in all fashion magazines and I'm happy that the fashion industry is giving us a choice.  But, skinnies are not going away, I think most women do love them.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

I'm not wearing wide leg or flare pants and I'm not wearing bootcut jeans either right now. Wide leg or flare pants require you to put a lot of thought into what shoes you will pair them with as the pants should be close to the ground as in 1/4 inch to a half inch from the floor. They are also paired with a body skimming top. And of course you have to take into account the weather because long wide pants easily soak up water from a puddle or wet pavement.

Same reason that I put away my bootcut jeans was I was always having to roll up the hem in order to walk outside so that the hem wouldn't get wet.

And do you ever notice how fashion shows on shopping channels always show too short wide leg pants on very tall models? Not a good look at all!

your post brings to mind the term 'flooding'

Honored Contributor

Wide leg jeans were inevitable, with the popularity of palazzo pants. I think one needs to be tall and thin to pull off either look. And wide crops or too-short palazzos (or gauchos, or culottes/split skirts) are not doing justice to anyone, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I don't mind a wider leg, but nothing like what I wore in the 70s.  I am only 5'6 1/2" tall, and I carry my weight in my hips and thighs so skinny pants aren't always my best look.  A wedge heel with a wider leg trouser can look nice and keep my legs looking long and lean.