Honored Contributor

Re: I'm just not in to message t-shirts!

The only message tees I own are the ones that promote the school where I teach. We have our school name and motto printed on them. As far as other message tees go, I just don't have a need for them in my wardrobe, but I think some of them are funny or cute. 

Respected Contributor

The only tshirts I own with words on them are related to the University of Texas Longhorns or the Greenbay Packers or Jackson Hole Wyoming.

Once in awhile I will see one on someone that gives me a good chuckle, usually on a man. Some men would wear just about anything!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I like this J.Crew sweatshirt a lot.

I would wear it on the days when I teach French. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I agree. They are embarrassing and tacky....like bumper stickers on cars.....just low class.

I would disagree..

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Bit to pricey for me. Liked that white denim jacket with the grey sweater sleeves, but, soon as I saw the price and "fitted" i lost interest.

Wish D&Co. would do jackets with that theme. Be around 50 with them.

@SharkE  I ordered that jacket.  Somewhere in the presentation they mentioned that it really wasn't that fitted, and since I really liked it, I ordered.  Agree the price was high.

Adding for those who aren't familiar with this piece:  The message on the jacket was on the inside.  I am among the group that wouldn't wear a message on the outside of my clothing. Frankly, I could have lived without the message at all, but at least it's hidden. 

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad ! You get the white ? What I would had ordered. My ceiling is 50-60 on a jacket. 100 on shoes and bags. Some of Isaac's sweaters I treated myself he does great sweaters.

Enjoy !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Thanks!!  I got the denim and black.  I have one white denim jacket, and slob-wise, it's enough for me.  The white/grey combo looked really nice though.  I just thought with the built in sweatshirt hood and sleeves the darker one would work better for me.  Hoping it's made well, if it doesn't come within the realm of what an $87 jacket should be, it's going back.  

Plus I liked the thumbholes.  Hee hee...

Honored Contributor

I don't care to be a billboard. I'd not want people reading my chest.

Honored Contributor

'Tres chic', Lola.   I think that means 'Very chic' in French, but I'm not sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).