Respected Contributor

Re: I'm just in shock....and disgusted

I received a package with a wet item inside a plastic bag from another retailer.  When I called CS, they could not have been more apologetic.  I was not the only customer with the same problem.  Apparently there had been heavy, heavy rain for days between the distribution center and the East Coast.

I doubt the original owner of the item washed the item, then put the wet item in the plastic bag.

As for the color of the bags, there certainly is a lot of misinformation given on these boards.  Probably some posters will still swear the color bag myth is true.

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

They must have a bunch of boobs working in the return department.  It makes me think they do not check anything that is sent back.  Disgusting!  I will never order clothes from QVC after reading this.  They have no quality control!

@Jinlei  - I'd never base my buying decisions on something I read on a forum thread.  I base it on personal experience.  (And mine has been just fine over more than 25 years, both here and in the U.K.)

Why would you say they have "no quality control" after reading one thread like this?  They have, I'm sure, millions of satisfied customers and you're going to condemn the entire company on the basis of one reported experience?  That's rather extreme and with no basis in fact.

Respected Contributor

@cherry and @Kachina624 

I agree that the dirty bags do not come from QVC.  They would use a new bag whether it was a new item or a return.  Would not send out a return in the same bag it was returned in - there would be mailing labels pasted over mailing labels so it is easy to tell it is not a re-used bag.

The many dirty bags I receive with new items in them are those delivered by UPS.  Looks like they have been run over by a truck and feel gritty.  I throw them away.  The items delivered by the post office are received in a clean bag.  Those I keep for returns.  The dirty bag is the fault of UPS.

Honored Contributor

I don't I get heaps of things from Talbots, and from H ,and I have never had a filthy bag  from them. Sometimes I get Q bags, on the same day ,I get one from H ,or Talbots. Why aren't these bags filthy too?

Respected Contributor

@so so wrote:

I just received a pair of the Cuddl Duds terry shorts....I thought it was strange the bag they were in was WET.... ok. get ready....someone had washed them and put them in the bag still wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Surprised  the waistband and the drawstring were wet and the string had frayed a bit in the wash..........I am CHOKING!!!!

so....I think I figured out their method........If you get a white bag with orange lettering you are getting a NEW item..... If you get a bag with NAVY BLUE lettering on it, it comes from the return center.....what do they think we are stupid??  I am just at a loss for words right now....calling customer service. just wondered if anyone lately has experienced it as of lately?? thanks for letting me rant and rave.  Smiley Surprised

Wow...hate this has happened to you and others...I have received clothing in the past (ordered "as is") that were questionable...ie LOGO top with deodorant stains from the previous owner...so I am not surprised by what you received. I have noticed that items shipped from Rocky Mount, NC were items that had issues while other items shipped from other QVC warehouses were brand new.

Last summer I received several packages of clothing (Susan Graver & Linea) and the items felt damp out of the package. The items were new and I chalked the dampness to shipping in the summer months. Between the hot warehouses, plastic shipping bags, and even hotter UPS/FedEx, DHL, USPS vehicles I would not be surprised. However, I would have concerns if the items arrived damp and had a smell of mold.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@so so wrote:

I'm hoping by the time it makes it back to where ever it came from, that it gets a nice moldy smell to it....

@so so 

And therein lies your problem; it couldn'it, unless packed like a goldfish from the state fair, have made it to you simply wet without some serious growth starting!

My guess is, as someone else pointed out, that it got dowsed somewhere much closer to you.

It doesn't make sense to me that it would still be wet all that time.  It would have had to have been received, washed, sent back, re-processed, sent out again, and then received by the OP.  In all that time, it was still wet?  And not even a moldy smell?  I know quality control isn't what it should be, but I think it's unlikely that a wet item would have been sent out.

I agree that it must have gotten wet somewhere on the way to the OP, after it had been sent to her. 

Honored Contributor

@so so wrote:

I just received a pair of the Cuddl Duds terry shorts....I thought it was strange the bag they were in was WET.... ok. get ready....someone had washed them and put them in the bag still wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Surprised  the waistband and the drawstring were wet and the string had frayed a bit in the wash..........I am CHOKING!!!!

so....I think I figured out their method........If you get a white bag with orange lettering you are getting a NEW item..... If you get a bag with NAVY BLUE lettering on it, it comes from the return center.....what do they think we are stupid??  I am just at a loss for words right now....calling customer service. just wondered if anyone lately has experienced it as of lately?? thanks for letting me rant and rave.  Smiley Surprised

@so so   You have more than every right to rant and rave. That’s disgusting and doesn’t say much for quality control in the shipping dept., does it?

Honored Contributor

The clothing Items I receive are always in a plastic bag which has been folded and sealed

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

This is just so repulsive! Regarding the bags...though i havent purchased a lot of clothing items in the last year or so, i recall receiving white bags with orange lettering and also turquoise-y letters. Don't recall anything in navy blue. What you received is reprehensible! Shame on QVC for this one!

Honored Contributor

Obviously a few people in the returns dept. need retraining.  Sometimes it seems like they do this on purpose.  Stains the entire department and operation, sadly.