Honored Contributor

Re: I'm dressing up to go to the grocery store

@depglass  I sat whatever makes you feel and look good.  We need to lift our spirits in this age of uncertainty.  Even though I wear a mask, I always use my lightweight foundation, lipstick and mascara.  I put the lipstick on before I leave but it wears off; however, it makes me feel good.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Dressing up for me is a nice new top paired with decent jeans or pants.  These are the tops I normally would wear for lunch out at a nice restaurant or book club.  Since those occasions are now non-existant, I'll wear the new stuff and leave the T shirts and sweatshirts at home.  

@depglass   Beginning to realize "saving these clothes for what?" I'm also keeping in mind items that wash/dry easily since that's what I do each time I get home...leave shoes in garage.

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

Me too, @ID2! Maybe this quarantine will teach people to dress decently in public again and leave the pajamas at home.

@Buffalogal47   OMG, I hope so. With gyms closed, I've seen less gym leggings and sports bras out and about. Finally!

Honored Contributor

@kitty45 wrote:

I'm starting to wear perfume or perfumed lotion at home.  Might as well use it!

@kitty45   I never stopped. Some things are just for my pleasure. 

Honored Contributor

@kitty45 wrote:

I'm starting to wear perfume or perfumed lotion at home.  Might as well use it!

Interesting. I've found myself doing the same thing. 

Respected Contributor

@Dinaki  This is the first photo I have seen of George Burns as a cross dresser !Woman WinkSmiley LOL

I always hear my mother's voice if I wear any of my 'good' clothes around the house. From days of clothing that had to be ironed and carefully washed and a small budget . When home from school , church , etc. --" change into your old clothes ".

Since lockdown I have been wearing my scroungiest items around the house and yard for gardening and painting projects. I get paint on me somewhere no matter what I am painting .

I have always tried to dress decently when going anywhere . Of course making a fashion statement is not easy with a mask ,  disposable gloves , & a purse stuffed with sanitizer etc. But these items are necessary.

I saw a post on fb the other day stating that they know now why Laura (on Little House) got so excited when asked to go into town with Pa !Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hey this morning I'm dressing up for the grocery delivery person and my pups. Might as well.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

During this pandemic, when I go grocery shopping, I immediately change my clothes when I get home and put the grocery store/errand clothes in the washer. No dressing up for me for grocery store and errands. 

Same for me.

I wear decent clothing, not the scruffy stuff I wear at home to clean or mow, but stuff like jeans and simple shirt that can be thrown in the washer and dryer with no fuss. I don't know the odds, but not taking chances right now with clothing carrying virus home, and I need to be comfortable out and about as well as not worrying about if I'm over washing my best clothing for a grocery store/gas station/ bank run during this Covid mess.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

During this pandemic, when I go grocery shopping, I immediately change my clothes when I get home and put the grocery store/errand clothes in the washer. No dressing up for me for grocery store and errands. 

Same for me.

I wear decent clothing, not the scruffy stuff I wear at home to clean or mow, but stuff like jeans and simple shirt that can be thrown in the washer and dryer with no fuss. I don't know the odds, but not taking chances right now with clothing carrying virus home, and I need to be comfortable out and about as well as not worrying about if I'm over washing my best clothing for a grocery store/gas station/ bank run during this Covid mess.

@Mominohio   You can't be too careful. I leave a robe in garage and strip down there, shoes, too. One day almost forgot to hit the garage button to close...Now have big sign on door going into house as a reminder. 😏

Esteemed Contributor

Like @tends2dogs said, I would never spend a day in pajamas unless I was too sick to get out of bed.  I wear the same clothes every day now that I always have:  jeans, t-shirts, loafers.  I wear the same to go out as I do to stay at home.  Everything is like normal, except for having to put on a mask in a public place.  And I avoid public places as much as I can.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt