Honored Contributor

I'm dressing up to go to the grocery store

Dressing up for me is a nice new top paired with decent jeans or pants.  These are the tops I normally would wear for lunch out at a nice restaurant or book club.  Since those occasions are now non-existant, I'll wear the new stuff and leave the T shirts and sweatshirts at home.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm dressing up to go to the grocery store

I took my dog to the groomer the other day and realized when I left the house that I was way more dressed up than normal when I drop him off.  The groomer is just a few minutes away and just has one dog at a time so I never see anyone but her but for some reason I decided to wear high heeled sandals and a lot of jewelry Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear you are wearing your new top. And that you are getting some use out of it.

I am thinking about what summer clothes to get out. I really don't know if I should get much of anything out. I have been living in sweat pants and sweat shirts for over 2 months. And I know things are not going to open up around here until at least July.

So I figure except for going to the grocery, I will have nothing to dress up for. All I will need is one nice outfit for my 2 times a month grocery shopping. And the rest of my time will be spent in t-shirt and shorts.

Esteemed Contributor

Gosh I wish I would get myself dressed half decent I am truly a slob at this point. I just don't care and I know I should. You both have inspired me to be better. 🙏🙏❤️❤️👍

Respected Contributor

Same!

Esteemed Contributor

Tomorrow we are going to participate in a drive-by for an 8 year old's birthday.  I'm honestly thinking of wearing a new top, new earrings and putting on eye make up, even though we won't be getting out of the car!!  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I've always changed into my "junky" clothes when I return home after an outing. I just can't go out dressed in my sweats and a sweatshirt. I've always overdressed and love it!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I didn't get out of PJ's for work and food shopping.  Never left my chair except to get the food at the door. 

Honored Contributor

During this pandemic, when I go grocery shopping, I immediately change my clothes when I get home and put the grocery store/errand clothes in the washer. No dressing up for me for grocery store and errands. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I've always changed into my "junky" clothes when I return home after an outing. I just can't go out dressed in my sweats and a sweatshirt. I've always overdressed and love it!

@ID2      I'm with you !!

♥Surface of the Sun♥