Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm done with Mon night fashions

@cherry wrote:

I tried to watch it last night, When they got to the part where Issac went into his Bridge Hampton spiel, and Shawn says my name is Minnie, I had enough

Why can't they talk about the clothing without being so pretentious?  

Yes, I saw that and thought it was really dumb.  I blame Shawn for starting that whole scenario.  I like Isaac, but not everyone lives on the East Coast and visits the Hamptons for the summer.  They need to appeal to everyone in the country, not just their little social circles.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

The Hamptons are a beautiful area, 90% of the area is not pretentious, yes there is money out there, but  they could easily say Scarsdale, Newport Beach or South Beach and evoke the same feeling.

Its a sales tactic nothing more it is not meant to boast at leat that is the way I feel about it

I have never been to the "Hamptons".  I used to think I wanted to visit.  Now, not so much.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I tried to watch it last night, When they got to the part where Issac went into his Bridge Hampton spiel, and Shawn says my name is Minnie, I had enough

Why can't they talk about the clothing without being so pretentious?  

@cherry - I enjoy the Mon night fashion shows. I always look at details on the website and order online. Isn't that what you do too? 

Your thread is an obvious bash the host/vendor. I'm disappointed to see you adding to the negativity here, but if it upsets you so much, I think its a great idea that you're "  done with Mon night fashions".

It's now become more common here to see gossip, death/sick notices and bash the vendor/hosts Woman Tongue Woman Frustrated

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge

So funny!

My husband's favorite is "you could wear it in the boardroom...Or

You could wear it with jeans..."

Trusted Contributor

I feel everyone is allowed their opinion. 

People get tired of the same old shtick, the same old sell tactics, the same old mis pronunciation , the same old not saying full words like last night...Shawn was saying to her new found buddy about her jeggings....THESE ARE "RIDIC"

oh my just say the entire word ridiculous if you must use any words at all.

Come on are we in high school?

So much for a well produced, mature presentation.

MANY just simply have been turned off, and THIS SHOULD CONCERN THE COMPANY.

Honored Contributor

Just because my thread ,doesn't match your opinion it doesn't mean its a bash. It's a complaint. The last time I knew that wasn't forbidden @Chi-town girl

Trusted Contributor

Stopped watching ages ago.  IM always looks like he just rolled out of bed and as for Shawn, I'm not sure what look she's going for.  Just my opinion, I know many love both of them.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I just don't understand Issac's presumption that QVC's viewer 'she' wants to escape herself, and look like she could be mistaken for someone else by wearing his designs.

This other pretended person who wears his clothing is always wealthy, a tiny bit bored, and wandering thru shops in the Hamptons looking for precious treasures to distract herself.

But she knows she looks très chic, dressed head to toe in 'elevated' Issac-wear, when she runs into Bunny and Tad in front of the Rare Vino Shoppe.

oh brother!!  

Yeah, she is one of the scads of posing day-trippers from up the island traipsing around Southampton and Easthampton carrying fake Louies and looking "wealthy".      Actually, Bridgehampton has maybe 3 special shops on a good day and the  K Mart is the main store.

Trusted Contributor

@cherryYour post isn't a bash.   I believe it's what I would call constructive criticism which is much needed.     A shopping channel isn't for entertaining but for the purpose of selling.   We need the facts and shouldn't have to be subjected to all kinds of nonsense.   For those of you that like the entertainment aspect well maybe you should change the channel to Jimmy Fallon or some such show.  

Respected Contributor

A ha.........so that's what they call "fashions"....... I guess I failed that in college... along with bowling.....😞......well I did get a D in bowling however.

-Do Not Copy Pls-