Honored Contributor

I'm Trying To Figure This Out....

OK, so I've been ordering some of the items QVC has been showing now for at least a month.  These are all Winter items...(i.e. sweaters, etc).  The other day the weather guy said (paraphrasing) "With the humidity it probably feels like 100 degrees out there'.  I agree!

Finally, my point.  This is August 20th.  I live in Va.  It probably won't be sweater weather until at least October, maybe some clothes......

QVC gives you 30 days to return the item.  There is no way I'm wearing these clothes in this weather or for the next month (and probably at least 1 1/2 months or more).

So, (even taking into account you wash them first) which I sometimes do but not in the case of sweaters, etc.  How do I know it's going to hold up, etc down the line?

I haven't ordered many (maybe 2 sweaters, if that) but they keep pushing them.  I'm wondering what other people do about that?

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Trying To Figure This Out....

I think most of what they're selling now is old stuff left over from last year.  I'll guess you'll have to crank up your AC and "road test" your new sweaters while you ride your exercise bike or walk on your treadmill. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I try them on if I like them I keep them if I don't they go back.   I don't have to ware something for a day or two to figure it out,  I tend to know right away it's either a go or not. .   I  have never actually "worn" something outside my house and then returned it and I sure would never wash it if I wasn't sure I was going to keep it.  But that's just me.  

Respected Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

I try them on if I like them I keep them if I don't they go back.   I don't have to ware something for a day or two to figure it out,  I tend to know right away it's either a go or not. .   I  have never actually "worn" something outside my house and then returned it and I sure would never wash it if I wasn't sure I was going to keep it.  But that's just me.  

@Silver Fox1 Exactly!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you're going to keep a garmet or not. 

Honored Contributor

I think the OP is talking about it holding up. Since she isn't wearing it now it won't be laundered either. Of course she would wash it once now to see whether it will hold up.

Or better yet, if this is really a concern, stop buying anything now for the cold weather.  Don't buy clothes until you intend to wear them.  Very easy solution to this problem in the first post.

Honored Contributor

I ordered one Isaac Mizrahi sweater that I love. It's reasonably lightweight, I could wear it now only in high AC.

I think @Annabellethecat66 is asking more about durability within 30 days than fit. In that case it's just taking a risk.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

@Silver Fox1  I always wash items to see how the hold up washing them per instructions. Many times pants shrink, tops lose their shape, colors run.  How will you know that if you do not wash them? 

Honored Contributor

Yes!  You guys who are saying I'm talking about durability are correct.  My opinion is there won't be a chance (at least not in my area) to wear it for (what I think) is a pretty long time.

I just think QVC should extend the return time to a little longer than 30 days when the season change like this.  Of course you can try something on and walk around the house in it and know if you like it or not and if it fits. 

However, you can't be wearing a sweater to see if it pills up, etc in this weather.  I don't know about you guys but I don't wear things the same very often.  I have a lot of clothes so it's not like I'd wear it several times a month even.

So, I apologize for not making my post understandable.  I should have said I think QVC would be nice if they extended the return time a little longer when the seasons change like this to give people time to wear the things at least once.

I always carry a thin jacket when I go into a restaurant.  However, I have no intention wearing a sweater in this weather outside.

Respected Contributor

I usually know right away if I'm keeping something or returning it.

If something isn't going to hold up, one wash probably won't tell me anything.

Esteemed Contributor

One would find the same situation with clothes purchased from any place.....not just QVC. Experience is a great teacher.... I buy again and again from certain lines and, indeed, certain vendors that regularly provide good quality. You just have to take a little risk now and then....